three

The only thing which clouded Hope's mind for two days straight was Leo Malfoy

The only thing which clouded Hope's mind for two days straight was Leo Malfoy. She had made up her mind to confront him about the secret he was talking about but he always seemed to avoid her. Pansy had noticed how different Hope acted this year. She was keen on bringing the old Hope back but it didn't feel easy.

"For the last time Hope, you're coming to the party and that's final." Frustrated, Pansy declared and grabbed her fancy silver satin dress from the wardrobe.

 "I don't feel good." Hope trailed off, completing her charms essay while laying down on her stomach.

 "Pack it up. You're coming." Pansy grunted, throwing a pillow straight at Hope who winced when it hit her. 

"I don't have a dress." Hope tried again to escape but it failed.

 "I'll lend you one. Now, up! on your feet." Pansy folded her arms across her chest and watched Hope as she placed her book aside and got off the bed. 

Pansy smiled at her and pulled open her wardrobe, her eyes searching for a suitable dress for her best friend. She pulled out a emerald, satin dress with a thigh slit and handed it to Hope. 

"Get dressed honey." Pansy smirked, lightly patting Hope's cheeks to annoy her further. Hope scoffed, harshly grabbed the dress and lazily walked inside the washroom to get dressed. When she walked out, Pansy told her to do her hair while the latter would change in her dress as well. 

Hope decided for a simple look ; left her hair open, applied some blush and mascara. "I'm done." Hope announced and grabbed a book to read while Pansy got ready.

"Alright, let's go." Pansy said after a while, smiling at her reflection in the mirror before grabbing her heels. Hope slipped in her heels as well and left her dorm with an over excited Pansy by her side. 

The entire slytherin common room looked like a club to Hope and it really amazed her. She followed pansy to the table where drinks and food were served. She handed Hope a glass of wine who reluctantly took a sip. 

The party was in its full swing, Hope found couples smooching, some dancing as if there was no tomorrow and some having a conversation. Hope wanted to breathe some fresh air but she didn't want to hurt or ruin Pansy's enjoyment.

 Pansy was all of a sudden pulled on the dance floor, leaving Hope alone with a perfect opportunity to leave. But she couldn't. She sighed and looked around when her eyes landed on Leo Malfoy, dressed up in a tuxedo and conversing with Blaise.

 Hope debated if she should approach him but the time wasn't appropriate so she stayed back on her spot. She pushed past the sweaty bodies and climbed up the stairs to her dorm but stopped midway and sat down. She smiled on noticing Pansy being twirled by a seventh year slytherin. They looked happy and it brought happiness to Hope as well. 

"Hello there." Hope looked up to find the last person she had expected to see ; theodore nott. 

"Nott." She acknowledged his presence with a scowl,"What do you need?"

"That's actually rude." He muttered and sat down next to her making Hope shift slightly away from him,"Do I smell?"

"No." Hope answered and resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his fake hurt expression. "What do you need?"

"I just saw you sitting alone. . ." Theodore trailed off, glancing at Hope who was staring ahead at someone,"So I thought I would give you some company."

"As long as I remember, you hated being around me." Hope scoffed.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that." He said earning a bewildered look from Hope. 

"Are you sick or something?" She asked.

 "No. I just realized that I was being rude to you for absolutely no reason." Theodore shrugged and looked away.

 Hope looked at him for a moment before sighing,"Yeah. I'm sorry too. I wasn't nice to you either." 

Theodore turned his head towards her and smiled at her which brought surprisingly Hope's old feelings back. She found herself stealing glances at him every now and then while he talked about one of his trips to paris. 

───────────

author's note:

a small chapter cause i felt like writing it. next one will be long hopefully! but not that long.