Extra 1

Soon after Yun Qingci returned to the palace, Li Ying brought Li Heng over.

Because of his prejudice against children, and on the principle of 'out of sight, out of mind', Yun Qingci did not ask too many questions.   

But despite this, Li Ying still asked for his opinion when he made arrangements for Li Heng: "I want to settle him in Jiangshan Palace and raise him personally."

Yun Qingci could more or less understand. Li Ying had taken care of Li Heng for twelve years in his previous life, so he had feelings for this child, thus he nodded: "Let's do as you say."  

At that time, they were standing in the sun together. Li Ying would remove his dragon robe and crown every time the court session was over. He was dressed very plainly, and he wore a white shirt that Yun Qingci had made for him last year.

Yun Qingci was used to seeing him in black in the past, so now that he had changed into white clothes, his whole body revealed a sense of restrained gentleness, less profound and more elegant.

Perhaps it was because of the pain. When they were alone, Li Ying could not help but approach him. Even if he was watering flowers, he had to wrap his arms around Yun Qingci's waist and hold his hand.

The servants in the palace didn't know about this, they just felt that His Majesty was clingy towards the Lord Empress and had to stick to him even in the middle of summer, and Yun Qingci never resisted, letting him do it.

"In that case, in the future, I will check on his homework after court, then come back to keep you company after."

"Okay." Yun Qingci said, "He is your son, so you are in charge."

Li Ying smiled and kissed his face.

This situation lasted for about half a month. When he woke up that day, Li Ying was not by his side. He was still the same as before. If Yun Qingci asked, he would sleep in with him for a while. Otherwise, even if he didn't go to court in the morning, he would definitely leave the bed to practice his swordsmanship or calligraphy.

Yun Qingci followed him to get up early a few times, but his decades-old habits were not so easy to change. He was used to living a comfortable life. Even if he managed to get up, he would make up for it after breakfast, which delayed his afternoon nap, delayed his evening rest, disrupted his routine and he would sleep late the next day.

So after a few times, Yun Qingci gave up.

He only occasionally deliberately kept Li Ying from getting up.

If Li Ying was not at Chaoyang Palace, he was usually at court. He did not restrict Yun Qingci's freedom to leave the palace, and he would encourage him to go back to the Prime Minister's Mansion to see his father or hang out with friends.

But Yun Qingci couldn't rest assured. He was now Li Ying's painkiller. If taking him to the court didn't reflect badly on Li Ying, Yun Qingci would want to be conjoined like Siamese twins with him all day long.

Li Ying would now bring along his unfinished official duties to his place. Half of Yun Qingci's desk was full of his belongings. He got up for breakfast, then cleaned up the desk and saw the reports of the Qing Division and court session notes lying together. A deep sense of satisfaction filled his heart.

While thinking that Li Ying should be about to return from the court, Yun Qingci quietly went to Jiangshan Palace. He stopped the eunuch who was about to report his arrival, sneaked in, approached the screen on his tiptoe, then poked his head out.

There was a small table next to Li Ying's desk and there was also a small chair, dainty and exquisite. A little dumpling was sitting on it at the moment.