Ch-59

Li Ying's announcement that he would make Li Heng his heir really caused a storm in Shangyang City. After all, he was now in his prime and it was natural to want his own children, but he had to adopt a child of another person. In the eyes of many people it seemed extremely hard to believe.

Which man doesn't want to have his own child?

In response to this edict, some people felt that Li Ying was suffering from a brain disease, some people said that it was just a whim, and even more people felt that it was the Emperor's way to keep the Lord Empress who was making trouble and wanting to separate.

Muddle-headed indeed.

Someone in Shangyang City sang: "They say that after the young emperor ascended to the throne, he punished corrupt officials, arrested their families and beheaded them, executing father and son for the same crime. It was more powerful than the tactics of the previous emperor who took money but didn't take life. Those black-hearted officials were afraid to involve their children and grandchildren and didn't dare to sin again. The entire officialdom was clean and a decisive monarch finally seemed to emerge in our Great Jing."

"Who would think that he would actually disband the harem for a man, and now he is about to adopt the son of his elder brother as soon as he comes of age... He is breaking his own back!"

"Who says he isn't good." Since they were talking about the right and wrong of the imperial family, their voices were very low: "Back then when he bent over backwards to marry the Yun family son, I still thought this young emperor was really not simple, at a young age already knowing how to use powerful ministers to back him up. A tiger father can't have a dog son and later he will leave his name in history ...... Ha, didn't expect him to, ah, fall so hard."

"This matter isn't new for him, chasing after Lord Empress Yun... Look at the Qifeng Tower, it started building when the Lord Empress left the palace, right? Nowadays it is half built but the Lord Empress is still yet to return."

"That's good." The man chewed some peanuts and said eloquently: "I can tell you, Lord Empress Yun used to chase after him but now he really wants to get rid of him and is determined to separate. Even if he really made up his mind not to have his own children and grandchildren, I'm afraid it will be difficult to get the Lord Empress back. That Prime Minister Yun is not stupid... How many times can he send his child to the palace?"

"But, what do you think of the young emperor, maybe the Imperial Hospital can diagnose him with a brain disease..."

Yun Qingci tilted up his nose. Just when he was about to walk over to scare these two guys who didn't know how high the sky was, his wrist was suddenly grasped.

Only then did Yun Qingci remember that he was called out by Lin Huaijin this time. The other party said that he had something to say, but they had walked the entire time and he hadn't spoken yet.

"Master Xiao Hou." Yun Qingci freed his wrist and said, "We have already walked halfway. If you have something to say, just say it."

"Would you like to eat candied hawthorns?"

"I'm not a kid, I stopped eating them a long time ago."

Lin Huaijin asked again, "Would you like to eat flower cakes?"

Yun Qingci couldn't help but want to laugh: "I came out with a full stomach."

"Oh."

Lin Huaijin continued to walk forward. Yun Qingci glanced at him sideways, faintly aware of something, and said, "What's the matter, if you don't say anything, I will go back."

Lin Huaijin was silent for a moment before he said, "There is something I haven't told you. Last winter, the pair of ear mufflers you made for me was stolen."