Ch-23

The man's hand was clenched on his cuff, his voice very low and his tone soft.

Yun Qingci had never been pressed about this kind of thing. He still remembered that on the night of their wedding, Li Ying sat on the wedding bed with him for a long time. Finally, he had to pull Li Ying over and kick the canopy curtain close.

During his teenage years, Li Ying was always strict with himself. His clothes were strict, and he never easily shared his thoughts. Yun Qingci always felt there was something shy and restrained in the way Li Ying treated him as his sweetheart. But now that he thought about it, Li Ying probably didn't want to touch him.

He found it quite funny.

"Your Majesty, is this a threat?"

It looked like a threat, but Li Ying actually was giving himself to him. Yun Qingci really couldn't understand it.

"No." Li Ying let go of his cuff and frowned, "I didn't mean it was wrong for you to learn how to play qin... it's just that the tune is too reckless."

"Well, in the future, this subject will take his teacher to play outside the palace."

Li Ying glanced at him, then retracted his gaze, and fell silent.

Yun Qingci continued: "If Your Majesty wants something, why bother to negotiate terms with me, to threaten Ruan Lian or to ask me to serve you in bed? Isn't it enough for you to say a word? Even if this subject is unwilling, there is no choice, right?"

"I'm not forcing you..." Li Ying pursed his lips, struggling to explain: "Just now, I was too impulsive, I didn't mean to make you unhappy."

His voice grew even lower: "I don't want to make you unhappy."

Yun Qingci couldn't understand what the man was planning. Since he was reborn, many of Li Ying's actions were unexpected and made him feel confused.

He walked up and placed his thin white fingers on Li Ying's shoulders. The black robe was embroidered with gold patterns, making him feel as if his fingertips were tainted with magnificence. Li Ying's eyelashes fluttered as he looked at Yun Qingci intently.

"Your Majesty... I know that Your Majesty loves me deeply." Yun Qingci's voice was tender, and his tone was very serious: "You don't need to explain to me. You and I have been married for many years. Even if you don't say it, I will understand, because I feel the same way. I will always love Your Majesty. You are the only one I have ever loved in my life."

Li Ying's eyelashes trembled violently; a deep black tide filled his eyes and his voice became hoarse for a moment: "Qingci..."

The corners of Yun Qingci's mouth curved, and his eyes overflowed with interest.

"Do you want me to say that?"

The surging black tide froze instantly.

Yun Qingci sneered. He removed his fingers from Li Ying's shoulders and backed away. "Is what I said not clear enough? I said, our marriage is an alliance of power. For the sake of your Li family's country, and for my whole Yun family, you and I are like chess pieces placed in their positions. We are just chess pieces. Between chess pieces, there can be no feelings."

He let go of Li Ying, lowered his arms and said with some disgust: "Stop playing affectionate tricks with me, Li Ying, I'm tired of it. If you can show some sincerity, I still might be able to look at you with respect."

Li Ying remained motionless.

Yun Qingci turned around and came to the couch to sit down.

"Apart from this aspect of our marriage, you and I should have our own lives. You can make a show of happiness and prosperity to your heart's content, so why can't I find a qin player to play tunes to relieve my boredom?"