Ch-12

The high gates of the Prime Minister's mansion were wide open, and nearly a hundred people headed by the Prime Minister, including the youngest master, the housekeeper, maids and attendants walked out of the mansion to greet the emperor.

The high-toe dragon boots stepped down the steps of the jade sedan chair, and the ankle-length golden dragon robe followed the boots. The Son of Heaven strode past the honor guards kneeling on both sides and bent over to help Prime Minister Yun up.

In the silence, only his calm voice could be heard: "Teacher doesn't have to be polite."

In the crowd of tens of thousands of people, Qiu Xian's face turned slightly green. The only thing in his mind was the words he hastily said a while ago: "If he can still turn the situation around, you will be my elder brother."

His future was dark.

The situation when the emperor used his ceremonial cortege to pick up the Lord Empress who was almost abolished was truly unprecedented.

But despite the confusion and shock in everyone's hearts at this moment, this huge force composed of soldiers from various battalions, guards of honor and musicians was silent and solemn.

A ceremonial driving was the face of the royal family and represented the dignity of the country. If there was the slightest divergence, one could lose their head.

No matter what they felt, no one dared to show anything outwardly.

Empress Dowager Zhang watched Prime Minister Yun being helped up. She glanced at the kind and gentle emperor, feeling in a daze that she didn't know him anymore.

How could he do this for Yun Qingci?

In the past two years, the youngest son of the Yun family repeatedly angered him but still wasn't able to disgust him?

"Dare to ask Your Majesty, this is..." Prime Minister Yun looked behind him, and Li Ying said: "I will pick up the Lord Empress and return to the palace."

Yun Qingci was standing next to Prime Minister Yun, with his cloak hanging loosely on his shoulders. It seemed that he had just put it on casually when going out. He didn't even pin up his long hair.

He looked a little neglected, and his face was clean and light, but unexpectedly, he seemed a bit frail and pitiful.

This was the Yun Qingci Li Ying knew best. He was not immaculate and dignified, but he was closest to his heart.

Behind him, someone brought a neatly folded platinum phoenix robe, a double-layered crown and a set of accessories including high-toe phoenix silver boots. Liu Ziru stepped forward cautiously: "Please, Lord Empress, go back and dress."

Li Ying suddenly caught a glimpse of Empress Dowager Zhang standing aside with a solemn expression. At that moment, something unexpected flashed in his eyes, too fast to be noticed.

He looked away and walked up to Yun Qingci.

The brim of the black gauze crown was decorated with splendid brocade, and two finger-wide gold bands hung from its sides, matching the exquisite and distant handsome face, both elegant and majestic.

He stared at Yun Qingci and said softly, "I'm here to pick you up and go home."

Behind him there was the imperial dragon jade sedan chair, as well as the phoenix sedan chair specially designed for Yun Qingci, which made it convenient for the Lord Empress to choose whether to sit together with the emperor or ride alone.

Liu Ziru knew that Li Ying had indeed made up his mind to take Yun Qingci back to the palace this time, and he also knew that once the cortege drove back to the palace, within half a day the rumors about the abolished Lord Empress would be extinguished.

Yun Qingci would be the Lord Empress of the country again, enjoying the honor and pride of his position above ten thousand people and under one person.

Yun Qingci had no reason to refuse the emperor's ceremonial driving.

Empress Dowager Zhang understood it very clearly.

But at this moment, she suddenly hoped that Yun Qingci would refuse. Li Ying spent a lot of time preparing, and it was obvious that this trip was important for him. If Yun Qingci continued demonstrating his pride he had shown to her just now, it would be disastrous...

Rejecting the Son of Heaven in front of so many people would be tantamount to relying on the power of the Yun family to declare war on the emperor.

Li Ying would have no reason to tolerate the Yun family anymore.

And except for the Yun family...