Ch-43

When Li Ying changed his clothes and came back, Yun Qingci was already asleep.

For him, it was already a great surprise that Yun Qingci agreed to stay today thus he did not bother the other party.

That night, Yun Qingci did not dream.

There was no court session in the morning. Yun Qingci was lying in bed, but he didn't hear the sounds of sword practice. He sat up and saw Li Ying practicing calligraphy at the table. His fingers were slender and powerful, and he always looked very calm and leisurely when he was holding a brush.

But today, he seemed a bit strained.

Yun Qingci walked over and said, "Is it too hot inside?"

The brush smeared the paper suddenly, like a knife against a rough stone surface, leaving a long mark.

Li Ying sank back in the chair as if boneless.

Yun Qingci saw it and chuckled: "Why, did I scare you? It's just calligraphy. Didn't you practice enough in your previous life, why are you so focused?"

He seemed to be in a good mood and without waiting for the other party to respond, he ordered someone to prepare water to wash.

He sat down at the table to eat without waiting for Li Ying and said when he saw him coming, "What are you doing, going so slowly? Are you an old man, huh?"

Li Ying quickened his steps, sat down and said, "If you have any place you want to go, I can accompany you today."

"You accompany me?" Yun Qingci said, "You want to ruin my mood?"

Li Ying nodded and did not answer.

"I hope Your Majesty understands that my promise not to leave for the time being does not mean that I will not leave at all. My promise to stay does not mean that I have forgiven you. I accept all your explanations, and yes, it all makes sense, but I still want you to think carefully about what is going on between us."

He paused and asked casually, "The Qing Division, do you still need it?"

Li Ying's words yesterday made him feel that the Qing Division was redundant, as if it was just a brightly lit Qi Renwei, nothing more than a smokescreen for those 'odd people'.

"Qi Renwei doesn't do what the Qing Division does," Li Ying said slowly: "At the beginning, I was worried that you would be wronged in the palace. Even if you didn't have good relations with your father, you needed to have trusted subordinates. Therefore, I encouraged you to create the Qing Division for it to collect intelligence and let you see more things outside."

"Got it, you coaxed me to play." Yun Qingci said with a smile. Li Ying could only say, "No, the Qing Division did play a very important role later."

"Yeah, otherwise you wouldn't cheat it away from me."

"...I didn't cheat you."

Explain it as you like. Anyway, Yun Qingci didn't care about the words he said. He scooped up a spoon of yam porridge and put it in his mouth, then said, "I still want to live at home."

He wondered if that strange dream could only be continued if he went home, otherwise how could he sleep in Jiangshan Palace for so long without dreaming of anything?

He had a weird hunch that there might be something very important in that big box.

He needed to climb up and take a clear look next time.

"As long as there is no peaceful separation, I will comply with you."

"Really? Can I stay in the Prime Minister's Mansion?"