Ch-8

The snow was like crumbs, small and dense, and the only color in the yard was white without any variety.

Because Yun Qingci needed good visibility for his work, the lights in the room were very bright. However, the bed screen was blocking the light somewhat, so inside the bed was still a little dim.

Yun Qingci leaned back on the pillow; his long hair held by a black wooden hairpin looked like splashed ink. Li Ying sat in front of him, leaning forward, with a few strands of hair falling down his shoulders and his eyes shining.

In his previous life, he had been accustomed to Yun Qingci's ways for twelve years. Even in this life, he was accustomed to Yun Qingci's ways for four years. It was not surprising that he would have this idea.

If it had been Yun Qingci of the previous life, he would have put on these ear mufflers on him without hesitation, and would have slept happily all night after that because Li Ying took the initiative to ask him for a gift.

Not to mention Master Lin Xiao Hou, even the King of Heaven himself if he appeared here would be ranked below Li Ying.

Yun Qingci smirked, wondering if it was him who was too eager in the past, or if it was Li Ying who was too self-satisfied now.

"This is not for Your Majesty." He took the ear mufflers from Li Ying's hand, flattened them and said. "They were sewn for Xiao Hou."

Li Ying's expression froze, and the light in his eyes shrank rapidly: "Did you sew the ear mufflers for him with your own hands?"

"Yes."

Yun Qingci's expression was sincere and his eyes were serious. Li Ying looked at him for a few breaths: "Why?"

"He kindly warmed my ears to keep out the cold, but I improperly kept his things and caused them to be lost. He should be reimbursed."

"Kindly." Anger surged in his chest, and Li Ying felt ridiculous: "Is it kindness or ulterior motives?"

"It was really kindness," Yun Qingci said, "There was gossip everywhere. Although he only gave me a pair of ear mufflers, his intention was to protect me from slander. I should cherish such good intentions."

Li Ying's lips trembled: "Cherish?"

Yun Qingci just looked at him.

Li Ying enunciated every word, as if to make sure he could hear clearly: "Do you know what you are talking about? You, Yun Qingci, as Lord Empress, should cherish another man's intent in your heart? "

"No matter if it's a man or a woman, if they treat me well, I'll treat them well. "

"Don't you know how to avoid suspicion?" Li Ying restrained himself and said, "Lin Huaijin is the son of my aunt."

"I know. "

"He likes you! "

Yun Qingci was startled and said, "Oh."

"......" Oh?!

Li Ying's face was gloomy. He stared at Yun Qingci for an instant and said bitterly: "I forbid you to give them to him."

"I have promised him."

"I don't allow you," Li Ying said, "You have promised, but you are not allowed to give them. This is an order."

Yun Qingci thought for a while and said, "Then, if Your Majesty likes them, take them."

Li Ying was spoiled. Yun Qingci spent too much effort on him in his previous life. He didn't want to bother arguing with him. Anyway, neither of them could convince the other one. It was better just to let it go. Li Ying was the Emperor, and he was the Lord Empress. It was better to respect each other as guests.