Ch-26

The carriage was getting closer.

The man in front of Chaoyang Palace slowly walked forward, came up to the carriage, raised his eyes and stretched out his hand.

Yun Qingci suppressed the emotions in his heart. He calmly put his hand in the palm of the emperor, got out of the sedan chair and said curiously: "What is Your Majesty doing here?"

"The court is closed today, and the day after tomorrow is New Year's Eve, so I want to spend more time with you during these days."

"Your Majesty has worked really hard this year," Yun Qingci said, "Would you like to enjoy a song?"

Clenching his hand tighter, Li Ying asked in a low voice, "Do you still want to see him?"

"Who?" Yun Qingci reacted quickly, "Do you mean Ruan Lian?"

Li Ying did not answer.

Yun Qingci's eyes lit up with interest as he said, "When it comes to a beauty pleasing to the eyes, my heart is naturally in the same place as His Majesty's."

Li Ying quietly led him inside and casually ordered: "Go to the music department and send someone to Chaoyang Palace."

"Then is Your Majesty going to listen to music here today?"

"You have a point. It's approaching the New Year, so we should relax."

Yun Qingci nodded. When he entered the palace, Li Ying personally helped him take off the cloak and handed it to Yinxi.

Yun Qingci suddenly got a craving and said, "I really want to eat a fresh meat puff pastry."

Li Ying's eyes shifted slightly. Yun Qingci walked two steps to the table, put a peanut into his mouth and turned his head to look at Li Ying, who said slowly: "I will tell the imperial dining room to make it."

Yun Qingci blinked and said, "I'm afraid the imperial dining room can't make the taste that I want to eat..."

He paused, smiled again and said, "I can always eat in the future."

The fresh meat puff pastry he mentioned was an extremely popular snack in Shangyang in the later years.

The reason why it got popular was because he and Li Ying went out to eat it once and later often sent people to buy it. The store used to advertise it as the Lord Empress's favorite food, which made a lot of people follow suit.

Before he was thrown into the Cold Palace, the shop selling the puff pastry had already opened four branches in the city. A few days before Yun Qingci jumped off the building, he sent Yinxi to buy it.

When Yinxi came back, he quietly complained to Jin Huan: "When I went out today, I met Cui Xi and she sneered at me. She said that the Lord Empress had been sent to the Cold Palace and still rushed his servants out to buy food. He really can't bear grievances, the body of a nobleman but the life of a b*tch."

Cui Xi was a maidservant beside Concubine Ning. Jin Huan comforted Yinxi after hearing this: "I believe we will be able to go back. That Concubine Ning, even if she adds the word 'imperial'' to her title, as long as His Majesty doesn't support her, she will always just be a concubine."

Yun Qingci stopped when hearing it, and then returned to his room silently without alerting them.

He'd spent only half a month in the Cold Palace. Everything was fine for the first ten days, and Yun Qingci was longing for the day when his father and brothers would be released and he would be taken back. But the change finally happened in the last few days. It could be said that the world was turned upside down overnight.