Ch-57

Yun Qingci had no experience of dealing with this kind of thing. During the twenty seven years of his previous life, he had his mother for eight years only. At that time, he was still very young and his whole life was centered around his mother, so he had never lied.

Later, he broke his relationship with Prime Minister Yun, and facing completely irrelevant relatives, there was no need to hide anything.

He subconsciously hid the note behind his back and then hesitantly took it out in front of Prime Minister Yun's increasingly gloomy face.

Prime Minister Yun came over and took a look. His brows suddenly frowned, but instead of scolding Yun Qingci, he sighed, handed the note back and said, "Did he stay overnight last night?"

Yun Qingci lowered his head and gave a small en.

Prime Minister Yun said again: "Have you thought about it clearly, do you really not want to separate?"

Yun Qingci didn't think clearly; he just felt that Li Ying was inseparable from him now, and every minute and every second of their separation was torture for Li Ying.

But in front of his father, he could only say: "He is sick..."

Prime Minister Yun's expression changed: "What?!"

"Didn't you notice that he lost a lot of weight? He has headaches, and that day when he was angry he even vomited blood. His body... is very bad now, and I can't leave him like that."

Prime Minister Yun was silent for a moment. Li Ying's condition was very bad indeed, so naturally he could see it. Not only him, but other courtiers had also noticed. Today, some people were asking for the re-selection of concubines to enter the palace, so that the imperial family could grow spring branches and scatter leaves.

Prime Minister Yun retreated to the chair and sat down, his face solemn. "Do you know the details? Is it some kind of illness, or..."

"I don't know what the disease is, but it's serious." Yun Qingci didn't lie at all: "He is in pain all the time. Even when he is writing, the pain is unbearable."

Prime Minister Yun recalled carefully, raised his hand and stroked his beard, saying, "No wonder... When you were unconscious, His Majesty ordered people to send all the memorials to the courtyard. I noticed that he always looked strained when reviewing a case."

Li Ying always seemed to have an inexhaustible burden on his shoulders. His body was like that in his previous life, and he still insisted on raising Li Heng till adulthood. After the light turned red, knowing full well that he was running out of oil and was bound to die, he still held on to put Li Heng on the throne.

One could say that he cared about glory and wealth, but when he died, he was all alone and didn't bring along anything but the funeral clothes that matched Yun Qingci's.

What was he busy in his previous life for, and what was he holding strong in this life for?

Prime Minister Yun sighed slowly and said, "As your father, I am naturally more concerned about you. It's not that father doesn't know that he is a good boy and a good and diligent monarch. From the moment he ascended the throne to the present, father watched him become more and more capable of taking the lead, and father felt relieved... But as the emperor, he is destined not to be able to give you all his affection. If you are with him, I'm afraid you will be disappointed."

His father could see it very well.

In his previous life, Li Ying did fulfill his responsibilities to everyone and everything, but he did not fulfill his obligations to Yun Qingci.