Ch-35

Yun Qingci's eyes lit up.

He personally took the cloak and put it on Li Ying's body. Just like before, he tightened the ties carefully.

Then he raised his face and looked at the Son of Heaven in front of him: "Let's go, I will take you for revenge."

He grabbed Li Ying's cuffs and walked out of Chaoyang Palace on foot.

If he hadn't been reborn, he wouldn't have known that the Empress Dowager had also set up Li Ying. No wonder when he used to chase Li Ying around the palace, Li Ying would immediately stop when meeting the Empress Dowager occasionally.

He thought it was because Li Ying respected the Empress Dowager, but it turned out to be because he was afraid of her.

Li Ying just told him not to associate with the Empress Dowager. He kept saying, don't believe her, but in Yun Qingci's eyes, Empress Dowager Zhang always seemed to be on his side.

She encouraged him to argue with Li Ying, encouraged him to break into the palaces of other concubines, encouraged him to punish palace slaves and even taught Yun Qingci how to establish authority in the palace.

Yun Qingci had no reason to distrust Empress Dowager Zhang and to trust Li Ying who kept accepting concubines into the palace.

The thin white hand pulled quietly on his cuffs, only a few inches away from his fingers. Li Ying could hold it as long as he opened his fingers.

But he didn't dare to touch it.

When everything was revealed, the piece of memory that he had never wanted to touch seemed to disperse with the wind and become insignificant.

He thought that if he had been willing to put aside that little bit of his pride and confess everything to Yun Qingci after realizing that so-called initiation was actually full of malice, perhaps his lover would not have been led to such extremes step by step.

With their own thoughts in mind, they walked all the way to Taici Palace.

The guard saluted Li Ying and then continued to stand upright, allowing the two of them to step into Taici Palace.

Liu Ziru, Yinxi and the others followed behind and, after receiving Li Ying's look, they all stayed outside the palace.

The palace gate was closed, and in the courtyard, Empress Dowager Zhang was leaning in the recliner lazily, basking in the sun.

At the sound of the guard's voice, she did not even open her eyes: "After a year of imprisonment, is the Lord Empress's anger relieved?"

Yun Qingci stood still and his hand let go of Li Ying's cuff.

Qin Yan's gaze fell on the long sword in Li Ying's left hand. His right hand reached for the hilt silently and gently clenched it.

Under the warm sun, the Empress Dowager did not hear Yun Qingci's voice, nor did she hear Li Ying's voice.

A subtle sound of the sharp blade gradually unsheathing reached her ears.

The rocking recliner stopped slowly.

The Empress Dowager opened her eyes and looked at Li Ying.

With a 'bang', the sharp blade was suddenly pulled out, and Qin Yan said hastily, "Your Majesty!"

He stepped forward to stop him. Li Ying kicked him in the chest, and Qin Yan flew upside down. After landing, he vomited a mouthful of blood.

He raised his face and saw that the Empress Dowager had tumbled out of her recliner in embarrassment. Her face turned pale: "Li Ying, are you crazy? Do you dare to kill your mother?!"