Chapter 22

Not long after Sengoku's speech and revelation about Ace's father, a fleet of pirate ships appeared in the distance. What surprised everyone, was the fact that Whitebeard's ship appeared from the water, directly in the center of the bay. The infamous, Moby Dick.

Everyone was on edge as we watched someone walked up onto the front of the Moby Dick, Whitebeard himself.

"Father!" Ace shouted out to Whitebeard.

It was at this moment, that all hell broke loose.

———

I watched the commotion in front of me, cannon fire, and the shouts of Marines and Pirates alike. It reminded me of when my village was attacked.

...

There was the sound of an explosion in the distance, causing the ground to rumble. Mother and I snapped our heads directly ahead to see smoke rising into the sky, before another explosion occurred to the right.

Another explosion went off. This time it was closer, as people started to run towards us, screaming.

I tugged on mother's shirt as I stared ahead with widened eyes. "Mommy... why is everyone running?"

I felt her place a hand atop of my head, pulling me into her side, blocking my line of sight. "It'll be fine..." She trailed off, as we heard the sound of gunshots, followed by laughter as a group of pirates appeared.

"(Y/N), I want you to listen to me carefully." Mom spoke up as she stared at the group of pirates, before turning to look at me. "Go find Ms. Yui and stay with her until the Marines arrive. Do you understand?"

"But, mommy-" I went to refuse but was cut off by arms wrapping around my small frame.

"Please... promise me. Promise me you'll stay alive." She whispered into my ear, crouching onto the ground, hugging me. I nod hesitantly as she stood back up and pulled a transponder snail out her coat pocket. "Now go, (Y/N)."

I hesitantly took a step back, before turning and quickly running away towards the restaurant I loved dearly.

...

I hated all this violence. All the pointless fighting. What was Sengoku and the others expecting as the outcome? I'll tell you, many people are going to die, all because of some stupid showcase.

There was trembling that cut me from my thoughts. I glanced out into the battle field, seeing a giant appear. What they hell?! That looks like Oars! I stared at the giant that resembled Oars. But he isn't quite as big as the other Oars... "Ace is a nice guy! He's my friend! I'm not gonna let you hurt him. He won't die!"

I watched as Oars -Jr? Yeah, we'll go with that- picked up a navy warship, throwing it and allowing the other pirates to head into the bay. "Ace is my friend and he needs my help. Don't try to stop me!" He made his way to us, or more specifically, Ace.

The closer Oar Jr. got, I noticed Kuma was preparing to attack, when I saw the air bubble. Wait a second, that attack is- I thought back to the big pressure of air that was released on Thriller Bark, knocking almost everyone out instantly.

The blast managed to injure Oars Jr., but not knock him down. As he got closer to the platform, cannon fire began hitting Oars Jr., taking affect. As he started to fall down, one of the Warlords, Doflamingo, attacked him. Not sure what exactly was done to oars Jr., but he fell to his knees, reaching out to the platform. "Gotta go a little bit more. Don't worry, Ace, I can make it for sure!"

Just as I thought Oars Jr. would be able to make it to the platform, I saw Moria's shadow pierce right through him. "No!" Ace shouted, whimpering as Oars Jr. continued reaching his hand out.