Chapter 7

As Usopp distracted the zombies and Perona with his display of being unaffected by the ghosts, I turned to the others. "While your crew mate distracts Perona, we should keep moving." They nodded in agreement as I led them out the room, and outside.

"I never expected Usopp's pessimism to come in handy during a fight." The swordsman stated.

"Yeah, that was a close one!" The blue haired man agreed. "If he hadn't had been there, that would've been the end for all of us!"

"Pretty scary power she's got, that's for sure." The swordsman added.

"Hey." Sanji spoke up, finally. "I'm gonna run on ahead and rescue Nami on my own."

"Gotcha. Good luck! Go kick some ass!" The blue haired man answered.

Sanji flamed up again. "Oh, I will. I've got the power of love on my side!"

"Hey- wait a minute!" I shouted, in hopes he will hear me. "Do you even know where your-"

I was interrupted as he ran off, and jumped off the ledge. "Nami-swaaaaaaaan!! I won't let you get married! You hear me?"

"...going..." I trailed off, as I looked in the direction he jumped.

"Hey, uh... Aren't we pretty high up for him to jump like that?" The swordsman asked, glancing out the side of his eyes.

"Maybe. But don't forget: when the adrenaline kicks in, you won't feel the pain until later." The blue haired man replied, not even glancing in Sanji's direction. "Either way, let's get to the top of that mansion!"

Why are they so calm?! "Uh- shouldn't we go after him...?"

The swordsman shook his head at me. "Don't worry about that idiot, he'll be fine. As long as he doesn't get lost that is..."

"All the more reason! He doesn't know his way around Thriller Bark, I barley do!!" I shouted at him, teeth sharpening comically.

As we ran into the mansion, I looked over at the two. "Question. Why are you guys so dead set on defeating Moria? If all you need is your crew mate and shadows, wouldn't it be easier if you rescued her and defeated the zombies that have your shadows?"

The swordsman huffed a couple times, running, before answering. "It's simple. Because Luffy has decided he would take the bastard down."

I blinked at his response. "Yeah, your crew member, Robin I think her name was, said something similar to me." I paused for a second, as another question came to mind. "What is it about him that makes you guys believe in him without hesitation...?"

I can't wrap my head around it. These guys are so supportive and believe in each other no matter the circumstance. Is this how pirates are, all I know is how Moria and the others act so guarded around each other.

"He isn't the kind of guy that will let any harm come to those he considers his Nakama, he hates people like that." The blue haired man added in. "He thinks before he acts a lot, but he always comes through in the end."

I let his words sink in, just like Robin said. It was silent as we continued running, before the mansion started rumbling again.

"Whoa! What's up with all this rumbling?" The blue haired man questioned.

"Don't know, don't care. Probably just an earthquake." The swordsman replied, uninterested as we came upon a door.

We stopped in the doorway, seeing half of the door slashed off, and a skeleton on the ground. The blue haired man walked toward it, asking if it was okay.

Uh- he does know that's a skeleton, right?

"Am I dreaming? Why are you here?" It spoke... the Skelton just freaking spoke!

"Nyohohoho... This won't do at all! How dare you try to interfere with our battle!" A samurai looking zombie spoke up, thrusting his sword forward to attack.

The swordsman stepped in, blocking the sword with one of his own. "Not so fast. Tell me... are you the legendary samurai that slayed a dragon in ancient times? Heh! I've been hoping to meet you."

"Amazing. He was able to fend off Ryuma's attack!" The skeleton said surprised. "I didn't know he was so strong!"

"He's the Three-Sword Style pirate swordsman of the Straw Hat's. You better believe he's strong! Looks like he's itching for a fight. If your pride will allow it, I think he was planning on getting your shadow back for you. What do you say?" The blue haired man explained.

"My shadow? Really? Yes! I beg of you!" The skeleton shouted out. "Whatever you need to do! Please get my shadow back! I'll be ever so-"

"Enough, already! Shut the hell up!" The swordsman shouted back at him.

I gripped my hands into fists. I can't just sit around and let these people do everything! I'll confront the bastard and make him give up those shadows. With that in mind I took off from the room, and ran through the mansion in search of Moria. Not sure how, but I'll figure it out...

———

I ran for what felt like forever, searching for the bastard. "Damnit Moria, where the hell are you?!" I was getting annoyed, you wouldn't think that a man of his size could hide so easily.

"Now Gum-Gum Rocket!"

I heard a shout come from the hall beside me as I ran passed. I stopped running, looking down the hallway. Who was that just now?

"Keshishishishishi!"

I heard that laughter. The same one that annoyed me for so many years. Moria... With a fierce glare, I took off down the hall. I stopped at the entrance of the room seeing Moria, Straw Hat, and what looked to be Moria but as a shadow.

"Moria!" I shouted, glaring at him.

He turned his head in my direction, "Oh it's you. Still alive, huh? Tell me, how does that wound of yours feel right about now? Keshishishi!"

A tick mark appeared on my face. "Damn you, I'll make you pay! Not only for shooting me, but for all these years of hell you put me through!"

He simply waved his hand. "Your more than welcome to try, but I assure you that you won't succeed." As he said this, the shadow came up to me, smacking me down to the ground.

I grunted from the impact, clutching my hands into the ground. "How can you be so cold? First you attack my home, take me hostage, lock me in a cell for 12 years planning to use my power, all for what? To shoot me dead the minute I became useless for your stupid plan?! Tell me why did my village have to suffer?!"

I glanced up from the ground at him, tears rolling down my face. "All I wanted- all these years... was to be free. Free from you, free from the burden this Devil Fruit of mine carries, yet I still don't know anything about it!"

I heard the sound of sandles hitting the ground behind me. I look over my shoulder, seeing Straw Hat. "He did all that?" He questioned, not lifting his head, shadow cast over his eyes from his hat upon his head.

I sniffled, holding back as many tears as I could, not saying anything. He walked passed me, glaring up at Moria. "Let me handle this. I promise, I'll defeat him."

I remembered the words a few of his crew mates told me, nodding. "Mhm. T-Thank you..."

Before anything could happen, the mansion started rumbling again, distracting all of us. "He's back!" I heard Moria exclaim. I looked to the side, though the hole in the wall, to see the monster. "Keshishishishi! Now! It's finally time! Prepare yourself, Straw Hat!"

"This guy's even bigger than a giant!" Straw Hat exclaimed, staring at the monster. "Is that really my zombie?"

"Keshishishi! You've kept me waiting, haven't you, Oars? It seems your body and shadow have finally fused properly." Moria spoke to the monster. "I take it you'll be obedient from now on? Let's find out. Answer me, who is your master?"

"Gecko Moria." The monster, Oars, stated. "You are my master."

———
Published: 04/30/2022
Updated: 06/01/2023