Chapter 15

It's been a couple days since then, and it's been eventful... Let's just say, it's never a dull moment on this ship. But that's alright with me, it's better than sitting in silence all day, drowning in my thoughts.

Brook and I had found the log book the crew keeps, writing their adventures in. It was interesting to read, especially about this Skypeia place they went to. Who knew that floating islands exist. Not to mention, I found out about what happened during the Enies Lobby incident I overheard Kuma and Moria talk about.

It made more sense as to why the government was so keen on seeing the Straw Hat's being eliminated. I thought it was a little extreme for two Warlords to be pitted against them, but that was before reading that log book and finding out the openly burned a world government flag and declared war on them.

Not long after that, we met a mermaid named Camie and her pet/master Pappagu, who was a starfish, that we ended up saving from being eaten. She explained she was trying to save her friend Hatchin, who was later revealed to be an octopus named Hachi that worked for Arlong, that the Straw hat's fought back in the East Blue.

After rescuing him from the Flying Fish Riders, we were treated to Fritters and were lead to Sabaody, where we apparently needed our ship to be coated to reach Fishman Island.

———

We eventually all went our own ways, I stayed with the group wanting to see the coater Hachi mentioned.

"This place is called Shakky's Rip-Off Bar?!" Pappagu exclaimed as we all read the sign above the door. "Hachi... I've got a sneaking suspicion they're planning on ripping us off."

I stifled a laugh at the star fish. He states the obvious, doesn't he?

"Well, it looks like they're still in business." Hachi opened the door. "Rayleigh! Shakky!"

We all stared in the door, seeing a woman holding up a beaten pirate by his collar. "Hey, c'mon in. What can I get for ya? Hold on. Is that really you, Hatchan? I haven't seen you in ages!"

We all walked into the bar, following Hachi. "Nyuu! I know, sorry it's been so long, Shakky."

"Me too. It's been at least 10 years, hasn't it? Make yourselves comfortable." Shakky informed us.

After Shakky got the money from the men, she threw them out and turned her attention to us, catching up with Hachi. "Hey, that reminds me. Can I get you guys some-"

She stopped herself, seeing Brook and Luffy eating already. "They're raiding the fridge!!" Pappagu shouted, eyes bulging in his head.

She chuckled as Chopper freaked out about being ripped off, before she assured them it was okay, giving cotton candy to Chopper. "And that'll just be 100,000 berries."

Chopper paled in his spot, eyes watering. "But I... I don't have that much."

"No, honey, it was just a joke. I wouldn't charge friends of Hatchan's, and I sure wouldn't rip 'em off." She told him, patting his head.

I grabbed Chopper, bringing him into my arms, as Luffy asked her how she knew Chopper liked cotton candy. "Don't worry Chopper, she seems like a nice lady."

Shakky chuckled. "It's easy. You're Monkey D. Luffy, right?"

"Whoa. You know who I am?" He gasped, food stuffed in his face.

"Of course. Everyone's talking about your crew." She walked back behind the counter. "That includes you too, (Y/N)." She glanced over at me.

My heart stopped, as I looked at her. "H-how do you know my name..."