Chapter 20

I sat in my cell, waiting for this so called war to happen. It's been a few days since I was brought here... since I was separated from everyone.

It hasn't been all bad, though. The only reason I was still sane is because Garp would often visit me and we would talk.

...

"That you, (Y/N)?" Garp's eyes widened in recognition.

I nodded my head shyly. "Yeah..."

Garp turned to the soldier that was escorting me. "You can leave her with me, I'll take her from here."

"Yes, Vice admiral Garp." Without hesitation, the man saluted before walking off.

As the two of us began walking, heading to where I was to be detained, he spoke up. "Sorry to hear about your village. When I heard the news, I assumed you were dead based on the reports."

I shook my head, not mad about his assumption. "I don't blame you. I have been stuck on Thriller Bark for 12 years because Moria found out about my ability."

I thought back to the day I met Garp and how he talked about Luffy. "You remember what you said to me when I first met you?"

Garp grunted, thinking back. "Yeah, why?"

I let out a small sigh as we walked into where the holding cells were. "Well, I met your grandson, Luffy. It was thanks to him and his crew that I was able to leave." I turned my face to him, smiling slightly.

"That so?" Garp suddenly let out a laugh. "I heard he went a defeated a Warlord! Who would've thought you'd be there too."

"Yeah..." I trailed off as we reached the cell I'd be staying in, frowning at the familiarity of the bared room. "It was great with the little time I had being out at sea."

Garp was silent as I walked into the cell, hearing the door close behind me. After glancing around for a second, I turned back to the man, giving him a sad smile.

...

Garp showed up the next day, bringing me a plate of food. "Sorry you have to be thrown in a cell, Sengoku tends to be a hard head." He laughed at his little joke, unlocking the cell and walking in it.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I'm used to it. After all, it's better than the constant excitements-" I cut myself off, realizing what I was saying. Silence immediately took over. Making me regret it instantly.

"I'm glad you don't have to go through that anymore." He whispered, setting the food down, and sitting in front of me.

I picked up the plate, slowly taking a bite. "Yeah... Who knows how long I would've been there if it weren't for them." I smiled sadly, thinking about them. "Say, Luffy told me how you would throw him in a ravine, and all sorts of things to train him to become a Marine."

"Of course! The boy wanted to be a damn pirate, so I had to knock some sense into him! It's all that damn Red Haired Shanks fault!" Garp exclaimed, holding a fist up.

I giggled at his remark. "It certainly explains why he's so hardheaded! Although, I can't see Luffy being a Marine, not with his appetite."

Garp let out a sigh, glancing to the ground. "Yeah, you got that right. You know, Ace said the same thing when I was training the two to become strong Marines."