Chapter 21

I stood beside Sengoku, the cuffs being removed from my wrists. "Don't even thinking about running away. Not that you will make it far."

I glanced away from Sengoku as he began to make his way up the stairs to the platform. "Follow me and stay close at all time, you understand?"

I unwillingly nodded my head and began walking behind him up to the top of the platform. As we got closer to the top, I noticed someone was up there, chained to the platform, sitting on their knees. As we reached the top, I glanced at the man, more so, the tattoo on his back. That must be the symbol for Whitebeard's crew. So he's gonna come on a rescue mission?

"Step aside for a minute." Sengoku ordered the two men, who had their swords positioned on top of the other in front of the raven haired man.

"Yes, sir." They moved their swords, resting it beside them.

I glanced out in front of me, seeing several navy soliders standing out there, along with a bunch of warships surrounding the bay. "Pass me a Snail."

I watched Sengoku as he began to speak. "I have some information you all need to hear. First up, the young lady next to me. She is (F/N) (L/N), or better known as the Enchantress (Y/N). She is here today, despite being a pirate herself, because she has a unique ability."

I glanced around, seeing the people look confused. "(F/N) here, has a very unique ability. With a Model Type Devil Fruit, she possesses the ability to revive those on the brink of death, the Revive Revive Fruit. Despite that, she managed to keep a low profile for so many years."

I caught on to the fact that they have no idea that I didn't gain the ability from the devil fruit, but kept quiet on that fact. But what is this whole 'model type' they keep talking about?

I stiffened as I watch Sengoku glanced in my direction. "Fortunately, intel told us that she was in company of the Straw Hat Pirates, and we apprehended her in Sabaody. With that said, she will be helping the navy out in this foreseen battle."

I looked out to the crowd, hearing them voice their opinions, causing me to glance away. I looked to my feet with a frown, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw the man glancing at me with an eyebrow raised. "Now for my second announcement."

I heard Sengoku speak up once more, gesturing to the man. "This man is Portgas D. Ace, and the significance of his impending demise is more profound than you may realize."

I whipped my head up to Sengoku as those words left his mouth. I then recalled mention about Whitebeard's second division commander the day I was brought here.

...

"So far we have the five of you backing us up. If we can convince Boa Hancock, that'll total six of the Seven Warlords. Then we have all of us of the Navy, including the three navy admirals." Sengoku started off. "Whitebeard won't know what hit him. Even if he tries to save his Second Division Commander."

...

I glanced back over to the man, now identified as Ace. It took only a couple of seconds before I remembered where I heard that name before. The day I joined the Straw Hat's...

...

"Ace, is your old brother right? I remember you mentioning it to Lola earlier."

I saw his eyes get big at the mention of his brother. "Yeah! We grew up together!"

I smiled at his reaction. "If you don't mind me asking... what was he like?"

"He's really strong! We met him back in Alabasta and I found out he ate the Flame Flame Fruit. He also said he joined Whitebeard's crew and is their Second Division Commander, cool right!" I watched the way he bragged about his brother, waving his arms around with a big smile on his face.

I nodded my head joining in his enthusiasm. "He does! The Whitebeard Pirates, huh? I heard that he was rivals with Gold Roger." I thought out loud. "Say, how'd you two decide on becoming pirates away?"

He plopped onto the railing and began telling stories of the two and the adventures they went on growing up, the two of us laughing every now and then.

"He sounds like a good guy, I can se why you admire him so much." I spoke up after a while.

He looked at me, blinking. "Hmm, you think so? What makes you say that?"

I smiled, looking out at the sea again. "By the way you talk about him. And the fact that the two of you sound like you were really close."

He nodded his head, smiling big. "Yeah, we were!"

I frowned slightly. "Isn't that all the more reason to go help him then? From what Lola said, he could be in serious trouble..." I hated to bring it up, but I just needed to understand. 'Why? Why is he so relaxed?'

He looked down, his hat covering his eyes. "To tell the truth, I want to... so bad."

...

"Yeah. It makes it better by getting to talk to you every- What's wrong?" I stopped mid sentence, seeing Garp, face riddled with sadness.

"Oh. It's... nothing. Just paid a visit to someone is all..." Garp sighed out, sitting down in front of the cell, not coming in this time.

...

It all made sense now. Who this man was, the burning Vivre Card Luffy had, and Grarp's expression that day. He's Luffy's brother...

"Ace. I would like you to tell them the name of your father." Sengoku told Ace as I glanced to said man once more.

Ace closed his eyes at the question. "The name of my father is Whitebeard."

"Not true!" Sengoku immediately denied the claim.

"Yes, it is!" Ace shouted. "Whitebeard is my father! My only father!"

"We launched a painstaking and exhaustive search for you around the time of your birth. When we heard rumors that your father had a child, wee took them very seriously." Sengoku began to explain.

"Thanks to Cipher Pol, a small but reliable amount of information was presented to us. Based on this, we checked all newborns, as well as preborn children. We spoke to many mothers, but no matter how far and wide we searched, we couldn't find you. No surprise, though. Especially when you consider the lengths your mother went to hide you. She performed a miracle that could only come from the love of a mother."

Sengoku paused, glancing into the crowd. "As a result, she misled the Navy. No. She managed to mislead the world. You come from an island in the South Blue called Batelira. And your mother's name? Portgas D. Rouge."

I heard Ace gasp, as I looked to see he stiffened up at the name. "She pulled off a feat that completely defied the laws of nature, all to protect her child. She kept her baby inside her womb for an entire 20 months. And once she finally gave birth to you, she lost all her strength and passed away right then and there. And thus, a year and three months after the death of his father, a child was born with the blood of the world's most odious villain in his veins."

Sengoku glared down at Ace, who was furious. "That child was you." I was at a loss for words. So they aren't really related. Wait- so Ace and Luffy aren't related? "Surely, you must know the truth."

"Your true father..." Sengoku began once again, after a short silence. "Is Gold Roger, the King of the Pirates!"

It was so quiet in the square, you could hear a pen drop. Everyone, stunned at the information that Ace is Roger's biological son. While everyone thought about how that could be, only one thing riddled my mind. Did Luffy know?

Out the corner of my eye, I saw a transponder snail recording everything. I now understood why there was going to be a war, and the part Ace played in it. It wasn't to go after Whitebeard, by luring him into a trap, no.

It was to publicly execute Ace, Gold Roger's son.

———
Published: 05/12/2022
Updated: 07/10/2023