It's a Togruta Thing

Start from the beginning

Anakin woke up from his stomach growling. He groaned, rolled over, and tried to ignore it. His stomach growled again and again. After five minutes, he was sure the sound of his stomach was shaking the floor.

The chrono read that it was eight minutes past midnight. Anakin sighed. He was wide awake and probably not going to be able to sleep until he got something in his stomach.

Nothing like a midnight snack, Anakin supposed. He stood up and made his way out of the sliding doors to his cabin and into the kitchen of his master-padawan quarters. The light was on in the kitchen and Anakin thought he had just forgotten to turn it off before he went to bed.

However, when Anakin entered the kitchen, he was startled to find Ahsoka sitting at the counter.

"Oh, hi, Master," Ahsoka said, turning around to face him.

Anakin yelped. "Ahsoka, what's wrong with your face?!"

"Wha...?" Ahsoka touched her face and brought her hand back to look at it. "Oh! Oopsy, I got some blood on it."

"Blood? Why do you have blood on your face?!" Anakin demanded.

"I'm eating some meat," Ahsoka showed him the plate of meat.

It was raw.

Anakin gagged. "Ahsoka, you'll get sick from eating that."

"No, I won't. I eat raw meat all the time," Ahsoka picked up a chunk of meat. She sunk her teeth into the raw thing.

Anakin gagged again. "Ahsoka, we need to take you to Kix."

"Master, I'm a carnivore. Eating raw meat is perfectly safe for me," Ahsoka smiled reassuringly at him. Her teeth were smeared with blood. "It's a Togruta thing."

Anakin didn't get a snack that night.

🪐🪐🪐

Anakin chuckled, watching Ahsoka nodding off again. She'd been at it for the past five minutes. Her head suddenly snapped back up and her eyes flew open, just like they had the last thirty times she'd done it. She stared intensely at the screen for a moment, trying desperately to stay awake and watch the holo-film.

But sure enough, a minute later, Ahsoka's head was lolling again and her eyes closed slowly. This time, however, Ahsoka's eyes shut all the way and her head slumped against Anakin's shoulder.

Anakin chuckled again and rubbed her arm.

A strange, vibrating trill of sound came from Ahsoka's throat. Anakin startled. He jumped up and yelped.

Ahsoka snapped open. "What? What is it? What happened?" she demanded.

"What was that?!" Anakin pointed at her.

Ahsoka looked around her. "What was what?"

"That sound you made," Anakin breathed.

"What sound?" Ahsoka asked.

"The one you made in your throat," Anakin slowly inched toward the couch again.

"Ohh," Ahsoka realized. "I must've purred."

"Purred?" Anakin settled back on the couch.

"Yeah, it's a Togruta thing."

🪐🪐🪐

"What the kriff are you doing?" Anakin watched Ahsoka rub her fingers up and down the edges of the curtain.

"This material is fascinating," Ahsoka replied, a trill of purrs vibrating from her throat. "You should feel it."

"Uh, I did," Anakin gave her a strange look and walked away.

About an hour later, Anakin found Ahsoka running her fingers through the carpet.

"Now what are you doing?" Anakin questioned.

"This carpet feels so cool," Ahsoka grinned at him.

"W-whatever you say," Anakin said, walking off.

Yet another hour passed and Anakin spotted Ahsoka scraping her nails up and down the soft wall.

"What are you kriffing doing now, Ahsoka?" Anakin questioned his padawan in bewilderment.

"This wall is great for my nails," Ahsoka explained. Then she started rubbing her cheek against it. "It's a Togruta thing, but you should try it sometime."

Anakin just let out a dry sob and headed over to Obi-Wan's quarters to get padawan advice. 

-----------------------

Word Count: 1,193

Published: May 10, 2022

Poor Anakin. I'm starting to feel really sorry for him. 

okAy, that's all for today, peeps!

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!