Chapter 5: Kane, my love

Sorry I’m stupid, and haven’t uploaded in a while D: But anyways, ON WITH THE STORY!

                Memories, of Kane, shot through my brain memories of him laughing when he was three, of his seventh birthday party, of him sitting on the beach when we were 12. I loved him, I still love him. He was my preschool buddy, my best friend, and later my lover. He was everything to me. I remember him confessing his love to me at fourteen.

                “A-Alice,” Kane had stuttered, nervously

“Yeah,” I asked

“This is uber hard for me to say….”He had started off, and I gave him an encouraging smile.

“I, uh, like you” Kane had mumbled.

“I, uh, like you too…” I said, not seeming to get it.

“No Alice you don’t understand, I LIKE you! As in my heart flutters every time I see you! I Love you Alice. I’ve loved since we were ten when you were my only valentine! And I’m sorry if you don’t feel the-” I had suddenly wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips to his. I suddenly felt as though my world was complete, there were no questions in life, only answers.

“You know” I said breaking the kiss “I had you beat by five years”

“Wait what?” He had asked confused

“I’ve loved you ever since that day when I realized that you weren’t afraid of spiders and that you could kill them for me” I said looking up at him through my eyelashes, and he kissed me again, but more urgent this time.

                When I came back from reality, I realized that I wasn’t at the graveyard anymore. I was in one of the dorm rooms. I slowly got up, but I immediately fell.

“AH!” I screamed as I fell onto the floor. As I was trying to get up, I felt a strong arm wrap itself around my waist.

“Are you okay?” A familiar voice asked me.

“Why wouldn’t I be?!” I snapped at Trace, “and why am I here?!”

“Because I don’t know your dorm room number!” He snapped back.

“Touché…” I muttered.

“So…who’s Kane?” He asked, hesitantly. I looked at him, debating if I should tell him or not. “He was the love of my life, the first, and only person I’ve ever loved…” I said, as I prepared to launch into my story.