Still a Long Road Ahead...

...~AIV~...

Kyouka felt consciousness return to her as she felt feather-light kisses placed on the nape of her neck. "You know how much I don't like being woken up, Deku."

"S-Sorry, I just thoug-"

"I didn't say stop, though." She felt Izuku chuckle against her back before kissing behind her ear, and placing small kisses all around it. Kyouka sighed in content, allowing herself to fall deeper into the warm embrace of Izuku's arms and the blankets.

It almost made her forget the fact that she was in a hospital after being attacked by a serial killer, and then being told they were being targeted by the League.

*Knock-Knock*

Almost.

"Go away."

"Kyouka..." Izuku chastised her with a whisper.

"Go away, please."

"I-...Close enough."

Toshinori's voice came from behind the door, "It's just me, and it's important."

Kyouka groaned, not wanting the interruption, "Just a second." Izuku got out of the bed, opting to sit down at the end of it. "You can come in now."

"Yeah, not risking it. Just come on down to Young Iida and Todoroki's room as soon as possible. That means you, too, Young Midoriya."

Izuku sighed, "How'd you know I was here?"

"..."

"Don't answer that. We'll be down in a minute." Izuku dragged a hand down his face as he heard All Might walk away from the door.

Chuckling to herself, Kyouka sat up, threw her legs over the side of the bed and stretched out, "Pass me my pants. I don't think my nurse will appreciate me taking my gown off before she's checked on my wound. Besides, my shirt's kinda covered in blood."

Picking up her clothing from the nearby chair, Izuku walked around the bed to Kyouka. Izuku placed her pants next to her on the bed, and then kneeled down in front of her, "H-How are you feeling? Like, you know...physically? Not your wound, well, y-yeah you're wound. But, uh...You know what I mean."

Kyouka let a small smile grace her lips, "You mean am I actively hating my body at this very second?"

To Kyouka's surprise, Izuku took a deep breath and dropped any hint of uncertainty. He took her hands into his, bringing them to his chest. "Yeah. Do you need me to do anything? Does anywhere feel uncomfortable, or are you thinking of anything? Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it. Anything at all."

Kyouka blushed, her smile widening. She took her hands out of his, cupped his face and brought him in for a deep kiss. "Why did I ever hesitate telling you about my problems?" She kissed him again, smiling against his lips, "You're too good to me."

"There's nothing too good for you."

"I'd say flattery will get you nowhere, but you've proven that wrong dozens of times over." They laughed just before Kyouka placed one last kiss against Izuku's lips. "To answer your question, I'm doing just fine. Like I said, when you're around everything is perfect."

"Which in of itself is a problem, as I shouldn't have to be here."

"Baby steps."

"How're we gonna handle finishing our internships?"

Kyouka chuckled, "Same way we've been doing it. Same way I've been doing it since before I met you." She kissed his forehead, then turned him around so she could slip on her pants under her gown. "I'll be just fine for five days. You don't have to worry about me."