I sighed and tossed my phone to the side, pushed myself off of the bed and walked to the windows of the room. It was good that things went well here. I'll get Suriah a gift.

My phone rang, sounding off like a siren inside the room. I only viewed the city for a little longer before seeing who's calling me. I picked up my phone and saw my sister's ID on the screen. I raised an eyebrow and threw it back on the bed until it stopped ringing. But, once it ended it started ringing again..and again..and again. I shut my eyes closed and sighed out the irritation I had built inside me before answering the call.

"Took you long enough," She said immediately.

"I was a bit busy," I answered as I sat down on the couch of the room.

"I heard you went to Hong Kong no to long ago," She said, basically questioning what happened.

"Yes, I'm still here," I responded, "Took a little longer,".

I heard her hum through the phone practically questioning my existence.

I sighed, "Ava, what do you want?".

Ava scoffed, "I just wanted to check in on my brother? Is that so bad?".

"I'm not in the mood,".

"Fine," she mumbled and went silent.

"Ava," I said with my eyes closed.

Her voice squeaked as she wanted to say something but hesitantly stopped herself, she didn't say anything for a while. All I could hear were her attempts to speak.

"His condition got worse," She finally said, "Kieran,".

She paused again.

"Why don't you try to see him at least once, you know, before he passes," She begged, "He wants to see you,".

"Ava," I tried to say.

"Kieran, please," She interrupted, "Just once. Please,".

I leaned forward and rubbed my temples as I quietly thought to myself. I said I never wanted to see him again and no one seems to understands that I'm serious.

Ava wasn't talking about someone irrelevant, rather my father, she has a different one but that's beside the point. He fell sick a couple of years ago making me the new CEO of Knight industry, also known as one of the successful and accomplished companies. I didn't and still don't have any care for him.

He ruined our lives being as careless as he is, ruined his relationship. My poor mother, well...not really. He never treated me like I was something, only a tool. My mother begged me to visit him countless times as his condition worsened but I never ever took it into consideration. It was a fucking joke.

Ava, Ava oh Ava. She knows the influence she has on me. She was my only sister and sibling after all. I was close to as she grew up but then again, nothings really lasts forever. We got split up, she left with our mom and her father, and I was left with the devil as a man. I trusted Ava, she trusted me. I can't not say no to her either, especially since she never asks me for anything.

I let out a sigh, "I'll think about it,".

"Really?!" She gasped.

"Yes but don't push it," I answered.

"Of course, I respect your time. If you ever want to go, let me know because I'll go with you," She told me, "That way it won't be too bad,".

"Yeah, sounds good," I exhaled.