my pretty princess 👑

! before things start !

- this is a royalty au, so karla as the princess and gwendolyn as a commoner

- i'm not following any of the super traditional rules, so no homophobes and gay marriage is normal

- also, pretend karla's mom is dead :)

! enjoy !

-👑-

the kingdom of valetin was rich.

there was no other way to describe it, as they owned multiple castles across the lands, took part in protective alliances, and had a long line of successful figures throughout history.

but now, the current king's time on the throne was soon to be over, and he'd chosen his daughter to take his place.

karla pierce.

at the age of 25, she had numerous admirers for her strong physique, smooth voice, and effortless beauty.

yet she didn't want any of them— not one.

it had come to the point that her father started to fret over his picky daughter. she had to love someone at this point, right? he wasn't worried about the money he would get, just someone to live and love karla for who she was.

"here's what we'll do," the king said to his advisor, ezra one night. "send a letter to all the surrounding kingdoms— tell them that my daughter is looking for a wife to love, to start a family and to rule with."

this, of course, sparked attention across the kingdoms. who would karla choose? a quiet, beautiful princess or sharp-tongued, but sweet one?

the answer was neither.

for months, suitors traveled far and wide, just for the princess to reject them with a harsh no.

"your majesty," ezra said. "i would hate to impede your plans, but i do not think this is working."

the king, defeated, sighed. "you'd be correct. but if she does not like the suitors, what i am to do now?"

"perhaps she should look for them herself? you could send her out on a mission, if you will. maybe she needs to be the one looking for her wife."

the king took these words into account, and drummed his fingers against his throne in thought. "that does not sound like a bad plan at all, advisor ezra. yet i only have one question. would she take this responsiblily seriously? what if she goes out and drinks while the days pass?"

ezra raised his head. "if you decide to go with my plan, your majesty, i will assist her along the way so she will not be distracted."

the king was satisfied with the plan presented to him, which lead karla to the situation she was in now: