0.38

0.38

"it's alright baby, let it out," karla sighed.

and again, gwendolyn threw up in the toilet with karla behind her.

it had been 6 weeks since gwendolyn had first discovered and told karla of her pregnancy. although gwendolyn was overjoyed to be having a child with her girlfriend, she hated the sickness she went through every morning for the last two months.

she had made sure to get plenty of sleep and somehow she'd still end up exhausted, needing to sleep even more. the amount of water she drank seemed to increase every day due to her burning headaches and for some reason— her mouth tasted metallic.

karla rubbed gwendolyn back. "feeling any better?"

"i'm hungry," gwen muttered. "and half-alive."

"oh, baby. what do you want to eat?"

"anything but eggs. they're disgusting."

karla chuckled, rubbing gwendolyn's back. "c'mon, lemme take you to bed and i'll make you some breakfast."

"i wanna watch you make it," gwen huffed. "i can still sit in chairs, you know."

"alright love. i'll start making your food."

and that's how they lived for the last two months, the two of them with a tiny baby.

▢▢▢

"luca stop being cute," gwendolyn whined, poking the cat off her yoga mat. "i have my morning yoga!"

as instructed by her doctor, gwen decided to pick up yoga to stop her back pain. it had been a whole week since her last obstetrician visit, and she was officially 14 weeks into her pregnancy.

the second trimester of her pregnancy had been somewhat easier than the first— only if she looked past the size of her stomach, newfound stretch marks on her body, and the movement of her baby constantly making her have to pee.

"so tired," gwen sighed, sinking onto the mat and laying on her back. "why did i even do this?"

luca crawled on top of gwendolyn and nuzzled into her chin. "meow."

"thank you, luca." the freckled girl scratched behind his ear. "always so encouraging."

"and what about me, huh?"

gwendolyn turned her head to see her girlfriend leaning up against the door frame, arms crossed. a small giggle left gwen's mouth. "no way you're competing with a cat right now."

karla walked towards gwen and sat next to her on the mat. "i would never. i just have a lot of love for my girlfriend, that's all."

"right, right." gwendolyn chuckled. "if you couldn't tell, i'm trying to work out right now."

karla leaned her head against gwendolyn's shoulder. "how's that working out for you?"

"i haven't done a single thing yet!" the brown-haired girl sighed. "haven't even broken a sweat."

"mhm," noted karla. "lay down for a second."

gwendolyn sighed and shuffled onto her back with the help of karla. "what are you doing?"

karla set each of her hands beside gwen's face, leaving a slight bit of space in between. their faces almost collided with one another; a faint wave of wind passed their faces from each other's breath.

"count for every push-up i do. alright, baby?" requested karla.

"what are you even—"

the mafia boss bent down her arms, locking lips with gwendolyn. "i told you to count for me, love."

gwen blinked, face turning red. "one."

"two." again, karla bent down and pecked gwendolyn. "i think every day i realize something new about you, ma fleur."

"huh? what's that supposed to mean?" asked gwen.

"that you're the most loveable girl in the entire world, and i fall in love with you more and more every day."

i think my heart is gonna burst, gwendolyn thought. i want to marry her so badly.

and karla showered her face with kisses, right there on the floor.

┈┈┈┈․°🌹°․┈┈┈┈

h-hey... yeah so i'm very much a liar and very much did not get this book done before 2024... but there's like two more chapters (max) and i'll be done with this book!

as always thank you guys so much for the support, especially because of these irregular uploads!

- love, blushlily 💋