0.17

0.17

"yeah, girl

"yeah, girl. we look good as hell right now."

piles of dirty cotton balls on top of the dresser, mountains of shoes on the floor, and colorful makeup brushes scattered across the bed resulted in two girls finally ready for the ball.

they'd started getting ready at four, and it was now seven. gwendolyn quickly realized that madeline was completely right about greatness taking time.

"oh my god, it's amazing," gwen gushed.

madeline fixed her lashes. "yeah, i know. i made sure that it was waterproof, so that way if you and karla—"

"okay, okay, okay— please don't finish that sentence."

"hmm, fine." she reapplied her lip gloss. "you know, this reminds me of getting you ready for your first date, when you were all single and didn't know what to do." madeline wiped an imaginary tear from her eye. "now my baby is all loved up now. time goes by so fast!"

gwen laughed. "that was only a couple months ago, you're exaggerating!"

"they grow so fast," madeline sighed, engulfing gwendolyn into a hug. "invite me to your wedding, 'kay?

"you know i will, maddy. but please let me go, i'm running out of breath."

"right, okay. i worked so hard on your makeup, i can't let it go to waste."

green eyeshadow with a simple eyeliner covered her eyes, along with tiny gems (individually placed) against the eyeliner.

to spice up the look, she had even gotten french tip press-ons for her nails, something gwen's nimble fingers were not accustomed to.

she had also decided to bring out her curling iron, so her brown hair brushed against her shoulders in effortless waves.

gwendolyn walked over to her bed and picked up the small, white handbag, and fiddled with the pearl handle. "i think i'm ready."

right as she uttered those words, heavy knocks pounded against her door. "gwendolyn, ma fleur? the limo is ready."

"oh, karla!" her voice lit up at the familiar voice, rushing towards the door. "wait madeline, you have a ride, right?"