0.18 🌷

0.18

it's happening

it's happening. gwendolyn thought to herself, fingers tapping against the table.

she could feel her legs shaking, almost hitting the table. she attempted to hold her knees from making any noise, but it was a battle she was clearly losing.

somewhere in this expensive-looking room, a loud air-conditioner blasted ice-cold air. although she wrapped her arms around her body, gwen could still feel the cold sweat off her body.

she felt like a nervous wreck, while the people in front of her were calm and collected.

"don't be nervous." karla had whispered in  her ear. "they'll love you, promise that."

easy for you to say that, gwendolyn wanted to say. you already know them!

seated in front of her were mr. and mrs. pierce and their two sons, their dark brown eyes glaring at the freckled girl in front of them.

karla started off the conversation. "mom, dad, this is gwendolyn. my girlfriend." every word rolled off her tongue easily, no shame when she spoke.

karla's father gestured his hand for a handshake, a grin on his face. "samuel pierce, nice to meet you."

even when sitting, he still was tall— 6'7 at most.

"this beautiful woman right here is my wife, marlene." he reached down and kissed the ring on her finger.

marlene rubbed her temples. "i told you this before, sam. i can introduce myself, i don't need help." she shook her head. "it's a pleasure to meet you, gwendolyn."

"je m'excuse, chérie." he kissed the silver ring on her finger. "owen, miles?"
(i apologize, honey.)

one of karla's brothers, long black locs trailing down his back. "miles."

gwendolyn wasn't sure if he had finished talking, but the other brother seemed to cut him off. "gwendolyn! it's amazing to meet you. i've heard such great things about you. i'm owen."