0.20

0.20

"remove plastic, put in microwave for four minutes, put back in for another two minutes

"remove plastic, put in microwave for four minutes, put back in for another two minutes..."

soft footsteps pattered outside the bedroom, followed by the slam of the microwave door. "wait, do i need another bowl?"

the wobbling hum from the machine seemed to make everything in the motel room shake, resulting in karla groggily waking up.

with the makeshift bandage around karla's leg, gwendolyn decided they should pull over and stay overnight at any place they could find, and attempt to figure out what to do next.

karla pleaded and begged that she would be fine, but gwen would not change her mind.

"i didn't wrap it properly, what if it gets infected!" she exclaimed.

"i doubt that would happen, love," karla hummed.

"you don't know that! there could always be the chance that could happen."

"but—"

"the next hotel you see, we'll stay there. it'll only be for a short amount of time anyways. we just need to talk to ezra."

"can't we just drive for a little while longer, please?" karla frowned. "i swear my leg doesn't hurt."

"no."

and so, that lead them to the dingy motel room. a full-sized bed was placed in the middle of the room, right across from the microwave that sat on top of a white mini-fridge. brown paneling covered the walls, and one small light dimly lit up the room.

"my head hurts, my leg hurts, and i'm cold." karla grumbled to herself. "and hungry."

she tried to push herself up, only to loudly groan from the throbbing in her leg while she moved. "ah, shit!"

a small gasp escaped gwen's mouth. "oh gosh, karla!" she scrambled over to the bed and sat on the edge of the bed. "i knew your leg wouldn't get any better."

"i'm fine, really. just hungry." grunted karla, as she attempted to calm down gwendolyn.

"are you sure that's it?" asked gwen, gazing over the bandaged arm,

"i assure you so, ma fleur. give me a few days and i'll be back to normal." (my flower)

"you don't need to act tough, you know." gwendolyn frowned, voice laced with concern.

"don't worry about me, love. i can barely feel—"

"just let me take care of you!" insisted gwen. "you do so much for me already."

she bit her lip timidly. "and i can't have my... girlfriend hurt."

karla swore her heart stopped beating for a moment.

from hearing the silence, gwendolyn covered her face in embarrassment. "sorry, sorry. was that too much? i'm sorry—"

with her other uninjured arm, karla pulled her girl into the bed right beside her.

"too much? now why would i think that?"

gwendolyn pushed her face into karla's chest, a tinge of pink coloring her cheeks. "i-i don't know. it just kinda slipped out, so..."

"you know i don't mind stuff like that, not at all." karla's hands slowly massaged the brunette's scalp.

"mhmm, okay."

the microwave finished with its task and alerted the two lovers with its repetitive beeping.

gwendolyn grumbled and shook her head. "of course it would go off right now. stupid thing."

karla laughed at gwen's words and reached for her phone on the nightstand table. as much as she liked to relax and do nothing with gwendolyn, work had to be done.

she tapped ezra's contact and held the phone up to her ear. "hello, ezra?"

muffled sounds uttered into karla's ear. it sounded like he was lying in the bed, still half-asleep. "karla?"

"god. you sound awful. what happened to you?"

"either my arm got bent or i broke it. either way, it hurts like hell." he coughed dryly into the phone. "how are you holding?"

"bullet in the leg. gwen's taking care of me though, so i'll be back to normal in no time."

even though gwendolyn's back was turned, karla could tell the girl was smiling.

"you got shot in the leg, and your still all over your girlfriend," ezra quietly chuckled. "you two are so cute that it hurts."

"yeah, i know," grinned karla. "anyways, i've got a plan. it's not the best one, but it'll keep us safe for now."

"go ahead, lay it on me."

"let's all relocate back to the backup building."

"karla, there's at least five of them."

"the one in the forest. its been a long time since we've been there anyways."

"sounds decent to me," ezra agreed. "i'll start contacting everyone then. how are you getting there?"

"plane, most likely."

"don't tell me you two are going to have sex."

"who said we were?" karla laughed. "honestly, i wasn't even thinking about it, but you just gave me an idea."

ezra dryly coughed. "okay, ew, no. that's enough, you're done. i'll get everything done for you. bye."

karla stretched out onto the bed once ezra had hung up, silently giggling to herself.

"what's so funny?" asked gwen, walking over to karla with a steaming bowl of soup in her hands.

"ah, nothing." karla sat the soup onto her lap, then placed a kiss on top of gwen's hair. "but i do have a question though."

"mhm?"

"what do you think about having sex in air?"

┈┈┈┈․°🌹°․┈┈┈┈

hey guys!!

first off, i am so sorry for the long uploads, idk why, but i had a BAD writers block, and i literally couldn't even write anything ☹️

these next couple chapters might be short, but i'm trying to get into the bigger parts of the story, so please bare with me 🙏🏾

- blushlily xx