Part 2: Starvation

(Woa.... 8 stars, 13 comments, and 29 reads....all in just the first chapter...in one day... That is honestly impressive!)

-

-

The bedroom door creaked slightly as it opened. The afternoon's light slipped in through the doors, slowly creeping across your room in one solid line.

Your bare feet stepped onto the fluffy white rug just behind the doors. With hazy eyes, you stared emotionlessly ahead. Even though it wasn't anywhere close to dinner, you already felt like going to sleep. You started going through your nightly routine in silence, not caring to turn on the lights or anything. Nothing but a pale blue light fighting through your bedroom curtains illuminated the almost dollhouse-like place. Right in the middle of the room, you took piece after piece of clothing off separately and dropped them around the room without a care. Then, you slid on some loose PJs and sat on the floor with your back against the foot of your bed, facing your desk with a mirror in front of it and two large dressers on either side of it. Almost everything in your room were light, almost white colors. That was how you used to like it...when you were younger.

Alone you sat, holding your knees close to your chest, eyes staring blankly forward, mindlessly combing through your (h/c) hair with your fingers. Your heartbeat was oddly slow, breathing oddly steady. It was scary, actually... Didn't you care?... Didn't you care?! Everything was on the line here! Heck, even your own future and joy was on the line! All you wanted as a little girl was to marry a beautiful prince and live happily ever after! That was all you wanted! Even your old friends made fun of you for being such a romantic! And now!?!... Now that was all threatening to be over.

...Just 3 years..? Why was he so sure?

After a while of just sitting there emotionlessly, calling yourself a heartless psychopath over and over again for not feeling the emotions you knew you should be feeling, you reminisced on happier times...

"Oh, careful, (Y/n)." Your mother giggled, gently grabbing the inked pen from your hand.

"Aww.." you pouted. Your five year old self was trying to write a letter to your father, but in the process, you were making an absolute mess with the ink.

"Hmm, here. Let me write it for you." Your mother smiled, picking you up and placing your frail body on the floor. "What do you want to tell him?" She asked with a smile.

"Tell Daddy I miss him very much." You clasped your hands behind your back, rocking slightly. Your mother chuckled as she began to write with the most beautiful handwriting.

"And?"

"And I want him to come back home quickly!"

"Heh..alright. ...Anything else."

"Oh! Oh! And tell him I caught a fishy in the pond!"

"You did?"

"Yep!"

You remember your mother's smile so fondly as she looked down upon you with pure love. She never stopped smiling like that...even while on her death bed.

A sob broke from your mouth like a desperate gasp, filling you with shame. You began yanking on your hair as suddenly the emotions you had just been shaming yourself for not having were now here, just a little late. Tears swelled in your eyes and a tense pain in your chest formed.

Come on now. She died over a month ago now! It was time to move on..

You tucked your head under your arms, essentially curling up into an upright ball as you continued to cry, now mocking yourself for being too emotional.