The most that he could tell them was that it was indeed some type of highly advanced machine. Either that or this was a quirk so ingrained it went beyond human understanding.

It didn't help that none of the doctor's equipment could get through it. The only thing it managed to do was damage the outer armor even more, but it could never truly penetrate it. And forget removing it, whatever the thing was made of, it wasn't budging. No matter how much damage they did to it, the armor refused to give way.

The doctor said that it was no different than an extremely durable corpse. There was nothing he could take from it and no research on what it was. Since there was nothing he could do with it, he lost interest and that was the end of it.

So there it be, in the corner like the junk that it was until they decided to use it as a test dummy again.

Only Katsuki knew the truth.

False Shutdown was that thorough of a tactic. Unit 001 had been so thorough in his acting that there was no way for them to know the truth. All functions take on the appearance of shut down, or in human terms, death.

He can control every process of his body, inside, and outside. While the outside gets continuously damaged, the inner layer of his body is stronger which protects the wires within. Especially his core, as no damage whatsoever had been done to it. There was no way for them to remove the armor, as it was seamlessly connected to his body.

Because it was so strong, it made him wonder what could have damaged him before he met the villains. If he was so durable, what put him in this dire state?

There was no way for him to know, so he concentrated on the present. He used this advantage, this stealth, to gather data.

They had no idea that he was watching them, and always had been. His eyes, now lightless but still functioning, scanned all of the occupants of the room every single time he saw them. One could think of it as a version of Baymax's Full Body Scan from Big Hero 6.

He had a file on each one of them, he even pricked them and gained a drop of blood as a result.

He didn't care if it hurt them a little, he only made it painless for Bakugou, Katsuki.

He was so thorough with his analysis of the villains he'd be able to find them even in a crowded stadium. With even an atom of his all-purpose blood in their system, he was able to track them if they were within his range. That was how he was able to plan his perfect escape, and still adjust his plan after adding Katsuki to it.

Unit 001 continued to watch everything silently from the corner.

So far, Bakugou, Katsuki was doing very well in terms of acting natural, which was basically him just being an angry, explosive gremlin. That was not very hard to do, given that he was actually an angry, explosive gremlin. But he made sure not to provoke the villains more than he usually did.

Kurogiri created a portal, transporting them to the entrance of this place, the bar area. Even though Unit 001 lost sight of them, panic did not flood his systems. He easily made his way towards the small vent by him. His hard exterior softened, molding his body to be thin and lengthy. He easily made his way through the vent's tunnels, finding himself in that room within minutes.

He was like the Imposter in Among Us, lurking in the vents.

Katsuki was nearing the door, gauging his chances against their numbers.

The plan was simple. Unit 001 planned to reveal his presence to the hostile humans, getting their attention. Because of their previous thoughts on his status, they would be shocked and thus cease movements for a few seconds. Due to their mannerisms, they may even speak, spouting their confusion about his online status. This would only add to their spare time.