23

♡︎
When Chan drove off his home the day before there were four people and when he returned there where only three in the car. Can you give the man a break?

Minho heard the gate open and immediately rushed out to greet them. "You're back so soon! Was it fun?"

"Kind of, but we're grounded until we win a Grammy." The twins explained, hugging Minho and then getting their bags. "Where's Jeongin?" Minho noticed the fourth person missing, faking concern for Chan.

"We played some harmless prank on him and he got a bit scared." Felix waved off as if it was nothing. "A bit scared? He threw this at me." Chan said, showing Minho the engagement ring. "At least it wasn't an air fryer." Minho looked down, trying to contain his laughter. "Chris, I'm so sorry, it's all my fault."

"Oh I know. Like Appa, like sons."

Minho then looked at the older with sympathy. "I really am sorry, Chan." Minho said, hugging the twins. "Us too dad, we're sorry." Felix said to which Minho smiled at him. "Go to your room now." Chan ordered them, shaking his head while Minho gave them a high five on their way inside.

"Remind me to thank them one day." Chan said, shaking his head making Minho look at him with a soft smile, also amused at the situation.

"Where's Seungmin? I'm starving..."

"Well he and Hyunjin left on a date in the afternoon...

yesterday..." Minho informed Chan of the lovebirds. "Really? Your assistant and my nanny." It could be the happiness Minho felt that he giggled at everything Chan was saying.

"Don't worry, I'll cook us something." Minho then offered to which Chan objected to his guest. "No, don't worry I can whip something up."

"You can cook now?"

"Well yeah... just some basic stuff, obviously not like you can though.."

"What do you know how to make?"

"Don't underestimate me Min. Just watch."

Indeed Chan did amaze his family with his cooking skills. After dinner Chan walks upstairs catching Felix and Jisung writing a song. "Dad, you look good." Jisung noticed how his dad got dresses up.

"You're still grounded. Goodnight kids." Chan kissed them each on their forehead and headed down to his studio.

Minho stood at the studios door, smiling as Chan walked over and opened the door. Chan showed him his albums. "You know I'm an album collector too." Minho rolled his eyes "I would be concerned if it was something else."

Chan then walks over to safety and punches in the password and signals Minho over. "These are my most prized possessions. This is the record played at my parents wedding." Chan said as he showed Minho the record who smiled at the sentiment value.

"This one was the most difficult to get.." Chan trails off handing Minho the duty record "Why?"

"It's the same one played at our wedding. I own every single copy there is."

"You do?" Minho began to feel himself get teary eyes, holding the special album in his hand. "I do." Chan answered back quietly.

"Can we play it?" The honey blonde asked, his voice slightly trembling. "You okay?" Minho looked away and waved at him, "Yeah, just some dust."

"Min, you know you don't always have to be brave right?"

"I do Chris, I have to."

Minho whispered back heartbroken. Chan leaned in closer and before Minho could react his body was moving closer until they felt each other awfully close.

The doorbell interrupted their special moment, making them react to what they were about to do. "That must be Seungmin and Hyunjin..." Minho whispered, backing away, feeling more tears threatening to fall.

"Seungmin has a key." Chan whispered his reply, getting closer but Minho shakes his head, giving the older man a heartbreaking look before leaving the studio as he felt his tears fall.

The Australian was saddened by what happened. He knew it was probably for the best, but seeing his pretty Minho yet again upset broke his heart. Chan put the album back and locked his safe.

In another life, they would've kissed that night, they would've still together.

♡︎