1

♡︎

12 years and 9 months later

Summer camp in Los Angeles, California, was officially starting on a warm, sunny day. Kids from ages six to fifteen arrived on the grounds from all over the world. It was safe to say that the international camp was an organized chaos.

"Welcome everyone, my name is Taeyong, and I am so pleased to see you all arrived safely. Now, I am going to pass it over to my son and second in command, Mark." Taeyong, the camp director said, giving a brief introduction that no one seemed to be paying attention to.

"Alright, everyone, listen up!" Mark said, blowing his whistle. He immediately started by assigning cabinmates - something everyone was waiting for.

Jisung waited patiently by the luggage until he saw his duffle bag finally arrive - although it was immediately buried by more luggage being pulled up. "Now, how do I get it out?" Jisung sighed, upset by his weak twelve year old arms.

"You must be new," A voice suddenly asked him.

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Rule number one: you get your bag before they throw it in the pile. Here, let me help you."

The two twelve-year-olds were now trying to get the bag before they spotted another person who pulled their bag out from the pile easily. "Wow," Jisung said, astonished by his strength.

"That's kinda my type. Hey! Tie-dye!" The boy who was helping Jisung - Minkyu - shouted, getting the strongest of the three's attention.

"Can you help me with my bag? It's the orange one." Jisung asked, pointing to the bag. Instantly, the tie-dye boy helped. Once they pulled out the duffle bag, they spotted the Australian patches.

"Wow, you're from Australia? Do you own a kangaroo? Are there really spiders? Isn't it summer during Christmas?" The two twelve-year-olds bombarded Jisung with questions who giggled with amusement.

"Yes? Except I don't own a kangaroo.. I live in the city so I don't think that would work out very well."

"Why do you live in the city?"

"Because my dad is a music producer."

The two nodded, amazed by the information until they were interrupted. "Bang Jisung?" Mark shouted, looking for a hand raised.

"Here!" Jisung shouted, getting Mark's attention.

"Cabin three!"

"That's where I'm at!"

"Me too!"

The three cheered, happy to share the cabin together. They gathered their belongings, before walking to their cabin. "Do you guys by any chance know how to rap?" Jisung asked, trying to make conversation. The other two shook their heads in reply.

"How much money did you guys bring with you?" Minkyu questioned.

Distracted by honking, they turned around to see a limo arriving. "Woah, who is that?" Jisung asked, wondering about the luxurious vehicle. "Let's go everyone we don't have all day!" Mark ushered everyone to their cabin to get unpacking done as soon as possible.

Hyunjin stepped out of the limo, already feeling emotional before he reached the other side and opened the door. A pair of designer shoes stepped onto the camps ground. "Here we are, we really traveled from Seoul all the way for this.." Hyunjin started looking around at the camp that was far from their usual city environment. "It looks just like in the pictures, doesn't it?" Felix asked, his eyes shimmered in amazement. "Not what I was thinking but sure" Hyunjin said, watching the ants and bugs crawling around, but nonetheless helped Felix with the bag he was carrying. "Ok now let's review your Appa's list, let's see, vitamins?"

"Check!"

"List of fruit and vegetables.."

"Check check!"

Hyunjin looked up, giving Felix a knowing look. "Check for fruits and check for vegetables!" Felix said smiling brightly to which Hyunjin returned "sunscreen? Lip balm, bug repellent, stationary, stamps, photographs of your Appa, grandfather, and of course your favorite hyung me." Hyunjin said, checking off everything on the list.

"I have everything! Thanks for bringing me here Hyunjin." Felix said warmly since he knew his Appa couldn't do so. At that Hyunjin felt his eyes start to sting and immediately pulled Felix into a hug.

"Remember, if you need me to come for you at any time just let me know.. and if you change your mind I'll fly and pick you up at the end of the camp, just call." Hyunjin said, holding Felix's hand. "Thanks hyung but I think I will be fine. I'll see you in eight weeks!" Felix said assuraningly.

"I'm already missing you. The sun in my world." Hyunjin said, extending his hand out. Felix smiled and immediately the two did their signature handshake. Hyunjin leaned over and gave the twelve year old a peck on his forehead "have lots of fun, sunshine."

"I will." Felix said watching hyunjin leave both saying their goodbyes.

"to the Airport please."

♡︎

"Tastes like strawberries on a summer evening and it sounds just like a song. I want more berries and that summer feeling. It's so wonderful and warm"