JYP

Walking into JYP the next day with my Aunty, I was full of nerves and excitement. It was finally my chance to become a trainee and possibly debut! My Aunty and I walk over to the reception desk and inform the receptionist that we were here to see JYP about a contract signing. She smiled happily as she informed us of the way to his office and we proceeded at a rather exaggerated speed.

We soon reached his office. I knocked on the door. "Come In" a voice called. My Aunt and I entered the room. I quickly bowed and introduced myself. "Hello, I'm Lorenzo Chu or Chu Jin-Ho which is my Korean name. I came here to talk about the contract offer that I received yesterday."

"Ah, yes. The monster auditionee, or should I say monster trainee now." JYP chuckled. "I haven't seen someone with as much ability as you for quite some time. We are desperate to get you on board, and have your debut as soon as possible." Those words had me very excited.

"I would love to, but first, my Aunty would like to see the contract." My Aunty, who is trained as a lawyer steps up and takes the contract from JYP. She spends a large chunk of time on it, reading each detail carefully. She asks a few questions about topics that I didn't understand and negotiated a couple of terms, like guardian authority, and my personal authority before she finally agreed and let me sign the contract.

"Great to have you onboard Jin-Ho," JYP says shaking my hand. I am to come back to JYP tomorrow afternoon to begin my training. But before that, I decided to move into the trainee housing on-site, to make it easier for practising, and so I had access to better facilities. My Aunty was a little against it, but after I agreed to come home on the weekends, she finally let me stay.

The next day after school, I rushed home to pack my things before heading over to the JYP building. Upon arrival, I immediately checked in with the receptionist where I received my id card. I was then shown to my dorm room. As I entered I found that the room already had 4 people inside. Each looks like your typical male idol. Tall, Handsome, with different hair colours and all in dance gear. The assistant who had shown me the way then spoke up. "Boys, this is your new roommate who will be staying here from now on. Please treat him well as he is the youngest out of all of you." She then exited the room and walked down the hall, leaving me on my own with these guys.

I quickly bowed and introduced myself. "Hello my name is Chu Jin-Ho, I am 13 years old. Please take care of me!" The boys quickly bowed and greeted me back. "I'm Sim Hyun-Shik, 17 years old. I'm the leader of this trainee team and the oldest." Replyed the first guy. He was tall, around 175cm in total. He had short, side-swept black hair and dark brown eyes. He sort of looks like Jackson Wang from Got7. The second boy then stepped forward and introduced himself. "The name's Dongbang Kyong, 16 years old, the best dancer in JYP." He answered cooly and with a bright smile.

Kyong is also the mood maker in the group. It's very hard to stop him from smiling or laughing." Hyun-Shik added. Dongbang was the shortest person here. About 165cm, but he seemed to make up for that with his large amount of energy. He had a block cut hairstyle, dyed red, and Hazel eyes with little gold flecks spread around the iris'. He was also good-looking but didn't seem to stand out as much as Hyun-Shik. Next, a Green-haired dude stepped out from behind Hyun-Shik. He was a little shorter than the leader but just as good looking, in-fact they almost looked identical. "The name's Sim Kyu-Bong, 16 years old, the Main rapper in this team." He states quickly.

"I apologise for my brother's bluntness. He is slow to warm up to new people, but once he does he's pretty funny." Sim Hyun-Shik interjects.

"You guys are brothers?" I ask "I thought you were twins."

"We get that a lot. We are just a year apart and look similar, it's weird." Kyu-Bong replied.

Finally, a guy who had remained sitting on one of the bunks jumps down. He quickly bows and looks into my eyes with a stare that sent shivers down my spine. All of a sudden I feel threatened, and then suddenly he smiles. "Scared ya' didn't I?" He asks. "Hayashi Roh, 17 years old, Japanese. I am the team chef and an all-rounder. I kind of fill in all the gaps left by the other members." He states, almost laughing at the confusion that remained from the earlier encounter. He had sky-blue hair styled in an undercut. He was about the same height as Sim Hyun-Shik but had more of a feminine appearance than the rest.

"So, what position have you been put in?" Hayashi asks.

"I haven't been given one," I reply

"What are you good at then?" Hayashi counters

"Vocals, music production, dancing." I list

"Great, we need a main vocalist! None of us can really hit the range required of one. Dancing is good, and three of us can rap so we have that covered." Hyun-Shik says happily. "How is your vocal range?"

I quickly sing a few notes to show my range. Going from low to high. The other boys' mouths slowly open further as I start to sing in a higher pitch until I finally stop and their jaws are almost hitting the floor. "What the hell! How can a person sing so high and low?" Dongbang exclaims.

"At least we have the vocals covered now" Hyun-Shik replies smiling happily. "We might finally be able to debut with this lineup, although we will have to wait until Jin-Ho turns 16." He then turned to me after thinking a little bit. "Did you also say that you write music and produce it?"

"Yes, I write and produce my own music" I reply "I can show you guys some later."

"That will work. Also, you seem to have the best looks out of all of us and are pretty tall. You will probably get even taller. So we'll make you the visuals and centre too if you can dance almost as well as Dongbang that is." He continues.

Finally, with the introductions over, the boys show me my room where I unpack, and tell them things about me, while I learn about them. Most of them have been training since they were 12, but they have never been able to find a vocalist that fits with the team, and so haven't been able to debut. I feel that I could get along well with these boys, and after slowly getting to know them over the last 4 or so hours, I already feel right at home. It was now about 5 o'clock at night, and we were just finishing the ramen that Hayashi had made for us when a man about 35 comes through the door, all dressed up. He had a very powerful aura, and as soon as we saw him, we knew instantly that this man was in charge. "Hello boys, the name is Jegal Myung-Ki, 36 years old. I am going to be your manager from now on" He states. As soon as his name was mentioned all 5 of us boys became shocked. This was the man known as Midas, the god manager of Kpop. The man who put Got7 on top pulled EXO out of nowhere and began his career with the absolute legends that were SuperJunior. And now he was standing in front of us claiming to be our Manager. "Wait, what do you mean our manager? We haven't debuted yet!" Hyun-Shik asks.

"Good question!" Myung-Ki replies. "JYP has just decided that you guys will be the next team to debut, results pending. You will have 2 years to train and impress the staff at JYP enough to convince them to let you debut."

"What!!!" we all exclaim in unison.

"You heard me. If in two years, you guys can persuade JYP to let you debut then as soon as Jin-Ho comes of age, you will be allowed to debut. However, before that, you must train, practice and show off your skills. That is why I am here. JYP personally asked me to take charge of you guys and help guide you through these next two years, to see if you have potential, and turn you into the next biggest thing in Kpop." Myung-Ki continues to smile at us while giving us this explanation.

"So what happens now?" I ask, seeing as the others are still slightly in awe.

"First, here are your new schedules, made by me" He states while handing out sheets of paper to each of us. Your social media accounts if you have any are to be deleted, and you will be given new ones soon. To start, your lesson intensity will increase. Alongside school, which by the way, Jin-Ho has been transferred over to KENT with the rest of the boys, to continue your education, you will also have dance, vocal, modelling, language, acting and media lessons to attend each day. So from now on, you guys must work hard to improve, impress, and bond well with one another, so that you may become JYP's next big Boy Group!" Myung-Ki announces with gusto.

TO BE CONTINUED!