Debut Performance

Stepping onto the stage, we are met with a wall of sound. The people in the stadium are full of excitement at being able to watch a new group debut. Not only that but a group that almost everyone in Korea already knows thanks to Project: New Dawn.

The music is playing and we immediately move into performing raise the Standard, the title track of our debut mini-album. A lot of people In the stadium are singing along after they learnt the lyrics from watching the show. The dance has been perfected since then and the audio updated, but it is pretty much the same song. We are moving effortlessly, all in sync as if we had been working together for years. Kyu-Bong, DongBang and Akira all bring a lot of energy and power to their rap, while Youngjae, Hayashi and Hyun-Shik seem to guide the emotions using their vocals. We are all smiling, enjoying every moment. I'm so happy that I can sing properly again, as my last life ended in disappointment. But this time I am following my dream, and making my parents proud. I step into the centre of the stage to sing the bridge. I prepare for the high note. Everyone in the stadium knows that it's coming as they tense up. I belt the note out as hard as I can. The crowd erupts. We continue the song to the end, the energy of the crowd keeping us up. We finish the song and pose. The crowd goes wild. We wait a couple of minutes for the crowd to die down before we introduce ourselves. We walk to the front of the stage and line up. "1, 2, 3!" -Hyun-Shik

"ADVANCE!" - together

"Hello, we are VANGUARD!" - together

The crowd cheers.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. We are so happy that you could all be here. Not only to support our sunbaenims 2PM and GOT7 but to allow us to debut and showcase our music for you all tonight!" Hyun-Shik speaks to the crowd.

"I'm sure you've all watched the show and gotten to know us through that. We would like to thank all of you for your support and well wishes. We hope to improve every day and provide everyone with better performances every time. It's been a long journey to get here, but we made it together with a lot of help and support from you guys. Please enjoy as we perform the rest of our debut mini-album 'First Command: Muster!' for you all!" Hyun-Shik finishes and the crowd cheers again.

We all move into positions and perform the other five songs on the album. WONDERLAND, Chronosaurus, Monster, Pirate King and Rock with you. The crowd moves along with us and gives us all the energy we need. We finish our songs and thank the audience. As we are about to leave we are stopped by JYP who walks onto the stage and is followed by GOT7 and 2PM.

"Before our new boys leave I have a small announcement" JYP states. "First, let's all welcome our new addition to the JYP Nation!" The crowd cheers again. "As a way of saying welcome to the family, I would like to present each member of VANGUARD with their own personal INM (In-Ear Monitor)!" as he says that 2PM and GOT7 members walk forward holding a box in their hands. They each present us with a box and congratulate us. Inside the box is a wireless INM. Each one is personalised towards the person it belongs to. While they are all white and gold, they have different symbols for each member and a small crystal with our official colour on it. Mine is purple.

"Now for the announcement!" JYP states.

"I am happy to announce that our new children of JYP Nation have become the first Kpop group to achieve Perfect all kills with every song in an album, including the album!" With that bombshell, the crowd is stunned into silence. Even we on stage are shocked.

"Excuse me PD-nim? Did I hear that right?" Jackson Wang inquires.

"Yes, VANGUARD has just achieved a perfect all-kill on their song Rock with you, making it the final song on their debut album to reach number one in all charts. to add to that, Raise the Standard has reached number 5 on the international and American Charts" The news brings us both shock and delight.

We leave the stage to cheers and applause. Once we reach the dressing room we all collapse in a heap on the couch and floor.

"That was exhausting!" Kyu-Bong complains.

"Yeah, but it was pretty fun too" adds DongBang.

"There's going to be a lot more where that came from. Have you guys seen our schedule for the next few months?" Hyun-Shik states.

We all groan in sync.

"Well, Well, Well. If it isn't the Golden Rookies of JYP!" Mi-Kyong walks in.

"Hello, Manager-nim!" Hayashi welcomes him in.

"Congratulations on the successful debut. Now all you have to do is promote and take part in the tv shows. Of course, JYPE has already begun planning for your next comeback. You've been so successful that they want to ride off of it" He tells us.

"What?! Already?" I ask.

"Not right away. You will promote your debut album for a few more months first. But they want you guys to start thinking about it, and hope to have a full album completed by around August or September time! They are also thinking of a world tour already as your debut was that popular. But we will wait and see. They really are aiming for rookies of the year!" Mi-Kyong states.

"Let's try our best anyway," Akira says. We agree.

With that our successful debut was over, and we begin to take our first steps into the world of Kpop and Korean Entertainment as Idols.

________________________________________________________________________________

WM Entertainment building:

"That was amazing! Their performance was so good!" a girl exclaims.

"You're right, that was clean and professional. The songs are also just so good" Another one agrees.

Choi Ye Won is sitting behind them smiling. 'He did it! He's debuted, and in wonderful fashion too!' She thinks to herself.

"What are you all giddy about?" a girl asks walking up to her. It was Hyo-Jung, their trainee group leader.

"I'm just happy that he's managed to debut, that's all" Ye-won replies. She's already confessed to knowing Chu Jin-Ho and how she met him.

"I see, well make sure to bring that cheerfulness into the practice room with you" She states.

"Come on girls, it's practice time!" she announces. The other girls groan.

"Let's go Ye Won. The more you train, the better you get, and that will bring you closer to debuting and meeting Jin-Hon again" She tells her.

"I know. Let's go!" she says smiling. She pushes send on a text message and puts her phone away and follows the girls to the practice room.