Push Forward

Author: Hi it's me again... I don't expect to be communicating this way every chapter, but I feel like doing this for the first few. This is my first attempt at writing such a sentimental scene. But every time I read it I find it too cringe. I apologise in advance, but I couldn't think of any way to communicate this scene in a better way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The video starts.

Sofie is the first to speak

"Hey Sweetie" She smiles

"First of all, if you are seeing this we are probably gone."

"Secondly, you are then staying with your Uncle Du-Ho in Korea now then."

Chu Hyuk then begins to speak

"To start with, we decided to send you to Korea to stay with your uncle as we thought that was the best option. Firstly, because the only family you have in Italy are your grandparents, who are unable to look after you, and secondly, you have too much talent for it to be wasted."

Tears are beginning to form in Join-Ho's eyes

His mother continues; "We hope that you haven't given up on your dream of becoming an idol."

"We were planning on moving back to Korea when you turned 14 and having you audition, but now that we aren't here, we hope you can take that upon yourself to complete."

"Now, we aren't going to lie, we have heard the demo for that 'gift' that you are meant to give us on our anniversary" They both smile wryly.

Jin-Ho smiles too

"Just to let you know, that we absolutely love it, and even hope that you use it as your title track for your debut if that happens."

His father's face then turns serious

"Now on to the reason for our deaths."

The atmosphere turns sour and cold.

"Unfortunately our retirement is being met with a little bit of 'opposition', nothing that will impact you or get any worse. But enough for us to make this video the day before we take you to busconi."

"There are a few people that are angry with our decision, but we have decided to do it so we can spend more time with you."

"Anyway, enough about that, what we really want to say is that we hope that you can push past your grief and persevere with your dream. We believe in you, and sincerely want you to succeed."

"Remember that no matter what happens we are always on your side, and.."

"We love you to the moon," They say together before the video ends.

The room then goes silent as Jin-Ho breaks down into tears, His aunty hugs him as his Uncle just stands there silent, contemplating life.

Finally, Jin-Ho had an explanation for his parents' deaths. He had some closure.

"Thank you, uncle, Aunty, I think I need a little time to digest, then ill come out and cook dinner for us."

Aunty smiles "Ok, take your time" as uncle and she leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

Jin-Ho lies down on his bed and sighs. "So that's the whole story," he thought. It took him half an hour to clear his head before he finally decides to get up. He leaves his room and heads to the kitchen where he gets to work on a special dinner.

"Something smells amazing!" Uncle Du-Ho states as he walks out of his room after having a shower and changing. "Indeed it does" replies Aunty Miyong as she enters from the laundry.

"Of course, it smells good, I'm the one cooking," thought Jin-Ho as he shakes the frying pan shifting the homemade mince around." Finishing up the mice he adds it to the pot of Bolognese sauce that he had made, and adds the homemade pasta, he then plates them and grates a bit of cheese on top before placing them on the table in front of his Uncle and Aunt. He then sits down himself with a dish. "Gustare" He states before beginning. His uncle and aunt dig in, and before you know it, sounds of pleasure escape their mouths. "This is heavenly!" "OMG, what is this?"

"Bolognese Fettuccine" replied Jin-Ho It was the first dish he had learnt to cook from his mother when he was 6, since then it became his favourite to cook, but he hadn't made it in years.

"Honey, we don't need to spend too much on takeout anymore! We have a personal chef at home, and he can cook Italian as well as Korean!!"

Jin-Ho laughs, "I also know some Japanese and British recipes" he adds

"What!!!" his uncle replies in shock.

"Where was this chef until now!" he complains

"If I knew this I would have had you out of the room earlier" His aunty adds on the end.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 days later.

I was in my uniform walking to school. It had almost been a week since I had last been at school, and my teacher was getting a little worried. He had called multiple times to inquire from Aunty. Eventually, we decided that I would return at the beginning of the next week. Now I was heading back to school, feeling refreshed and even more motivated to become an idol.

"I will do this, for my parents, and myself," I thought as I turned the corner and headed towards the gates of school with his newfound determination.

Upon entering the school gates I was instantly jumped upon

"Jin-Ho!!!" my name was yelled as I was instantly grabbed from behind.

"Where have you been! I thought you had died or something!"

"I'm fine Hyung, I was just resting" I replied, a little frazzled from the guy hanging around my neck.

Ha Seungri, one of my only friends at school, was 3 months older than me, hence the calling him Hyung. He was reasonably tall (160cm), although I was slightly taller (168cm). Seungri was an intelligent and cheery guy, hence the fact that everyone liked him. He looked like your average Korean with black hair, and hazel eyes, he was slightly above average in terms of looks, and was a very good athlete, in fact, he currently played football (Soccer) for the FC Seoul academy, and he was considered a prodigy within the sport and was looking forward to his career in the K-league if he kept on his current trajectory.

"Seungri, get off him you'll break his back at this point" a girl's voice stated as I looked up.

Ha Seungri let go of me and wandered round to stand in front, next to the girl who stood there with her arms folded.

"So the prodigal son finally returns, eh?" The girl says while looking a little angry.