chapter 12

"ALEXANDER, THEY'RE BACK." Call shouted the very second Aera and I walked in the house.

"Wow, what's up with you?" I laughed, staring at call nervous expression.

"You've been gone for like 2 days. That's what's up." Alex exclaimed, walking in the room, sorry, rushing in the room.

"We've been gone for like 4 hours." Aera frowned.

"What the hell were you doing at the mall for 4 hours, anyway?" Alex shouted

"Shopping, duh?" Aera said in a mocking voice.

"Shopping for what? Shoes? You already have like 2453 pair of shoes." Alexander made fun of her, making call laugh loudly.

"That's not true." I exclaimed.

"Thanks Y/n." Aera replied.

"She has 2455." I added, making the guys laugh louder.

"Wow, and here I thought you were standing up for me." Aera said sarcastically and left the room with her 34 bags of clothes and shoes.

"Why were you guys waiting for me anyway?" I asked Call and Alex "And where are Caleb and Jake?"

Their faces became even paler than they already were and they looked like snow white or something.

"See, that's kind of what we wanted to talk to you about." Alex rubbed the back of his neck.

"What did you do?" I frowned suspicious.

"Well, you remember Scott, right?" Will said.

"Oh yeah, the guy who violently strangled me yesterday? Nice guy." I said sarcastically "What about him?"

"Well, Jake was out of his mind and.."

"And what?"

"He kind of went there and he kind of got into troubles." Call avoided my eyes in everyway possible.

"And you're kind of pissing me off. Just tell me already." I hissed.

"Fine," Will paused, searching for the right words to say. "Jake took some hits." Call finally admitted.

"Oh my god," I tried to supress a scream, my hand covering my mouth instinctively. How could I be so stupid? He told me he was going to kill him and I went shopping. I WENT SHOPPING. I thought this was just something guys said when they were angry but not something they actually did.

"He went to beat scott up."

"And?" I asked this obvious worried tone in my voice.

"Well, it ended badly. Jake looks very bad right now and he'll crash at my place for a while until his face isn't so scarry anymore. But until then, Mariah can't know about this." Alex explained.

"You want me to cover for him?" I cut them off.

"Please." Alex made the puppy eyes.

"Do you know how much trouble I could get into for doing such a thing? Mariah could kick me out of the house, guys."

"Yeah but Jake went there for you." Call affirmed, his insistent eyes on me.

"Seriously? The making her feel guilty card?" I sighed "Fine, what do you want me to tell her?"

"That he's staying with me to.." he paused, hesitating. "Help me deal with depression or some shit." Alex proposed.

"Why would you be depressed?" I frowned.

"Because well." He paused."My cat died?"

"Oh my god, there's no way she's buying that." I laughed.

"I don't know, gee. Just make something up. You're a girl, right? You guys are good at that kind off stuff." He begged.