Forbidden love- Forever love

tw indirect mentions of self harm- soft polly because everyone has been asking (too soft? 🤷🏼‍♀️)

Polly sat in the corner of the room with wa box in her lap. A shoebox with letters. Letters that if leaked would show her biggest secret. Letters you would hide under her pillow while she was not home. You had the same box in your own room. Letters that she hid under your pillow.

secret lovers

She read them with tears threatening to spill. Same-sex relationships were frowned upon. You both did everything you could to hide it. You married other men and snuck out to meet, you met in the dark of night, the light of day in forbidden alleyways but the safest way of communication was the letters. She hadn't received a letter for 3 months. She sent them and sent them, only being able to drop them on your doorstep, but she had not received them. So she sat reading from a time you loved her.

"My darling Pol,

I miss you, I miss your honey brown eyes, your golden brown locks, your perfect smile, your soft pink lips, your angelic voice, your perfect body, and most importantly I miss you...

I'm so sorry we haven't been able to hold each other lately I miss having you in my arms.

Please meet me tonight at our special place at 8 pm. Be careful my love, I love you to the moon stars and back,

Y/N/N."

That was the last letter she received you told her that night, you both couldn't continue. "I love you, I love you so much, but I can't risk hurting you over this forbidden love."

You took her to your house that night, your husband was out of town. She cried in your arms and begged you not to let this happen. She begged you to stay. You continued to ensure it was for her safety. It's strange Polly isn't a woman who usually begs for things. You however had a strong influence on her. She loved you more than she had ever loved anyone. She would do anything to make sure you stayed with her however you didn't listen and you left.

Yet you still read her letters. Kept them in the box. You couldn't send any back. You wouldn't give her the hope that this relationship would continue. Her letters begged you to come back. She begged you to be held again by you. You could tell by her letters she was hurting. But her most recent worried you. So much so that you stood at the door of her house. You knocked a few times and got no answer. Using your old key you opened the door rushing to find her, calling her name. You remained with no answer. Checking every room until you reached her room. You heard quiet sniffles and softly knocked on the door. She heard your soft knock and pushed herself into the corner of the room crying scared of who could possibly be in her house. You opened the door softly to find her curled in the corner of the room.

"P-please don't hurt me," she cried. You noticed her hugging the box of letters to her chest as if it was the last thing keeping her going-a security blanket.

"Pol, you're okay. It's me," you said softly while making my way to her. She looked up her eyes bloodshot and her cheeks red from crying.

"What are you doing here?" she asked through her tears, "I thought this ended w-when you-" she cut herself off with a sob "when y-you-" she cut herself off again with loud cries.

"I know. I'm sorry," you said sitting next to her. "I read your letters," you murmured softly. "I know you're not okay and together or not I don't want you hurting yourself. You are still so important to me."

"Maybe don't leave me then, if I'm so important," she mocked she hadn't moved from her place in the corner. You noticed the letter on the floor. It was the most recent one you sent.