promises

I lay in bed, my daughter clinging to my side as she will lose me

I lay in bed, my daughter clinging to my side as she will lose me. Narcissa is currently in the bathroom getting ready for bed. My daughter is 17 and still as clingy as she was at 4 years of age. She will come to plop herself on my lap as I lay on the couch. I love her so much, she turned out a young Narcissa and I mixed. She has almost graduated from Hogwarts and I'm so proud of the young woman she is becoming.

After 24 years, my and Narcissa's relationship is still as strong as ever. They say "High school relationships never last." "Getting married young means breaking up early" which hasn't happened in our case. I am so lucky to call Narcissa my wife, if I could give her the world I would.

"Mom?" Dahlia asked

"Yes, my sweet?" I replied my voice raspy and tired.

"I wanna tell you something," she stated shakily

"What is it, Darling?" I said trying to sit up and comfort her.

"I-I have a girlfriend Mom." she blurted. She looked down at her hands as she played with them. I grabbed her hands and slowly stroked my thumbs over her palms. She looked up and I showed her a huge smile

"That's amazing Lia!" I exclaimed, she let out a breath she'd been holding and smiled "Tell me all about her!" I said excitedly causing my daughter to blush.

"Her name is Pollyanna. (Ik so original ✋🏻) She has curly brunette hair and she's the sweetest ever," she told me. "Please don't tell Mama yet, she scares me a little," she whispered. which caused me to chuckle, which led to a coughing fit.

"But Mama will be so proud, and I want to see her reaction." this caused a small sad smile to overcome my daughters' features. She didn't say anything, just leaned in and hugged me. "Are you going to introduce me to her?" I asked

"Of course Mom!" she exclaimed

"How about tomorrow we can have lunch? And if you don't want to tell mama, we can introduce her as a friend." I explain

"No no, I'll tell Mama. Help me though?" she asked

I laughed again, what would she do without me. "I'll help you don't worry sweetheart. Mama for sure won't be mad. I promise you." I smiled "I think she might be most upset that her little girl is growing up." I said lightly tickling her sides causing her to giggle. "You'll always be our baby," I said planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, Mom," she stated

"I love you most, Dahlia"

We lay there watching a movie when Narcissa came into our room. I saw her smile as she saw us cuddling on the bed. "Is there room for me, darlings?" she questioned

"Always, love, always," I told her opening my left arm for her to lay down.

She crawled onto the bed and laid herself on my left, she snuggled into me. I leaned down and placed a quick kiss on her lips causing her to smile, just like when we were in school, a smiley schoolgirl.