Chapter 20 - Face Masks

Alyssa POV:

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and a soft light rising in the sky.

We had fallen asleep...

I don't know how everything happened yesterday, but I do know it was phenomenal and intoxicating and the most euphoric experience I've ever had. James makes me forget everything, and just be in the moment with him. When he looks at me I forget everything that's weighing me down and I feel like I'm floating.

Last night we had sex under the fucking stars, this shit only happens in stupid romance movies. Like what the actual fuck. But I wouldn't change it. This place is stunning, the hills on the horizon all different heights capturing the sunrise behind us, I can hear the noises of farm animals, and the birds singing their songs... very loudly I might add.

I wriggle a bit, turning over to face him.

What am I going to do? What if he tells Reece we've been together again? I can't tell him it was his brother that made me leave, I can't ruin his boxing career and his relationship with his brother.

"Good morning gorgeous." James nuzzles himself into the crook of my neck, I hear him take a long inhale. He does that quite often I've noticed, I think he likes my shampoo.

I let out a giggle at the ticklish feeling it sends down my back.

"hmmm, good morning." I hum, his touch makes me feel like I'm melting.

It's fucking terrible! Pull yourself together Alyssa.

"What time is it?" He groans in the sexiest morning voice ever. I feel a throbbing downstairs and I'm reminded of the euphoria I experienced last night. I pat my hand around trying to locate my phone before grasping it and pulling it to our faces. "It's almost half five, far too early." I groan in realisation. I am not a morning person, but I'll make an exception this one time, because nothing feels more amazing than being with James.

James releases one of his deep chuckles before wrapping his arms tight around me, squeezing me into him. "Oxygen... I... need... oxygen..." I pant out as I try to get out of his hold.

He just laughs again, before releasing me and placing a kiss on my temple.

We stayed laying down together for another half an hour before James said he had to get going for training. Why did I have in my mind that we wouldn't have to ride the bikes back to James' house? I felt like I was riding for hours before we finally got to his flat. James took me upstairs to his room saying I could stay and sleep a bit longer whilst he was at training. I was too tired to decline him so I climbed in his big bed as he pulled the covers over me.

"Do not leave until I get back." He warned, brushing the strands of my wavy curls behind my ear as I snuggled into his pillow.

hmmm, it smells like him.

"Mhmm" I mumbled as sleep started to take me.

******************************

I'm startled awake from a loud bang, sitting bolt upright I scan the room, disorientated for a few seconds remembering where I am. I take in the familiar surroundings, but lack there of of the person it belongs to.

What time is it?

I find my phone on the floor next to my shoes, taking the covers with me I reach for my phone making no attempt to get out of bed. Switching it on I see its after nine.

That's a decent sleep in.

I drag myself out of bed, replacing James' comforter with one of his hoodies. I pull my jeans on and grab my shoes and phone. He said not to leave till he got home, I wonder where he is?