Chapter 23

Inkpaw stopped dead in her tracks. "Where the hell were you? I almost died!" Inkpaw yowled. Mountainswoop stopped and sighed. "I'm sorry I..." the large deputy was at a loss of words. "I'll let you pass your assessment just please don't tell Lightflights!" He begged. "Tell me what?" It was the scarred LightClan leader. "That I..." Inkpaw watched the deputy drop his head with defeat. "He didn't want me to tell you that he saved me from an alligator. He led it to the water and kicked dust in it's eyes, he saved me." Mountainswoop looked up with shock. "Oh? I'm glad, let's get you back to camp to clean you up. I'm guessing she passed?" Lightflights added, looking to Mountainswoop. "Oh! Yes, yes of course!" Mountainswoop blinked gratefully at Inkpaw as they padded back to camp.

Once they made it back to camp, Mountainswoop rushed his apprentice into the medicine den. Prowlingwind turned around and saw Inkpaw. "Damn it, come on," He sighed, pointing his fluffy tail to an empty nest. "What happened this time? Did you piss off Gullpaw again?" Inkpaw snickered.

      "No, an alligator threw me against a tree," Inkpaw shrugged as she replied, calmly.
      "Ah, that makes the bite marks make sense now," Prowlingwind grinned, looking up to Inkpaw as he met her gaze. As Prowlingwind was applying the poultice and wrapping the cobwebs around the black and white apprentice's wounds, a familiar brown tom broke into the medicine den clearing.

     "Where is she?" Dirtpaw whipped his head around until he saw the she-cat. "I'm fine, Dirtpaw." Inkpaw crumbled. "Okay well, when you're ready, we can have our ceremony!" Inkpaw looked to Prowlingwind, who just nodded. "Yeah, let's go."