Chapter 16

Inkpaw ran until her legs gave out, which was where a LightClan patrol found her. "Inkpaw! Are you okay? Where are you coming from?" It was Dirtpaw and Gullpaw. "Who's that little kit behind you?" Gullpaw narrowed his eyes. Oh no. Inkpaw shot up and whipped around to see "Ribbonkit! Why'd you follow me?" Inkpaw yelped, only for Ribbonkit to shuffle her paws. "I didn't want to be alone," she mumbled "and you told Vineflights you'd take care of me!" Ribbonkit ran under Inkpaw's legs as she saw the LightClan patrol.

     "Go home." A LightClan warrior chimed in, she only met him once. His name was Frostedhare and he was fierce. "I can't!" Inkpaw wailed, ears pinned to her head. "I can't share a territory with Wormwiggle!" Inkpaw cried, only for Dirtpaw to dash towards her to console her. Frostedhare bared his teeth. "Fine. We'll go see what Lightflights wants to do with you." The white warrior glared at the black and white apprentice. "Weird mutt." Frostedhare lowly growled, Inkpaw guessed he tried to say that quietly but she heard and frowned. "Don't mind him, Inkpaw. Frostedhare is just not as friendly to strangers as he is to his clan." Dirtpaw curled his tail around Inkpaw's back as they started padding to camp, Ribbonkit right next to Inkpaw.

     The sky was painted with beautiful splashes of red, orange, yellow, pink, and even some purple. It left Inkpaw in awe. Inkpaw loved sunsets so much. She just wished her father saw her now. Maybe he could've protected her. As they padded into the camp, it was small but there were hardly any warriors so it worked. "Lightflights, we found a GorgeClan apprentice and kit." Frostedhare dipped his head. "The apprentice seems to be in shock or something." Frostedhare glared at Inkpaw, who gulped. "Very well, you two" the scarred pale orange tabby looked to the two warriors that were on the patrol, Frostedhare and a calico, who she knew as Winslow. She only heard of the former kittypet once at a gathering. "Go continue your patrol with your apprentices, I'll speak to Inkpaw." Winslow and Frostedhare nodded.

After the patrol left, Lightflights signaled the apprentice and the kit into her den, that was a mossy, hollowed out log. "Why are you here? You don't seem to be in shock to me." Lightflights sat in her nest, curling her tail over her paws, but her tail was half the size it would've been on another cat, did her tail fall off? "Well... One of my clanmates, Wormwiggle killed my best friend, Olivepaw. And he became far more unstable after my mentor's death. And Olivepaw died protecting me from Wormwiggle." Inkpaw shuffled her paws. Lightflights only nodded. "And why is this kit with you?" Inkpaw looked to Ribbonkit, who was curled up next to Inkpaw. "She was originally from TimberClan but they wouldn't take her back." Lightflights studied the kit for a moment then looked back to Inkpaw. "She followed me here without my knowing." Lightflights' blind eye glistened. "So, you left your clan?" Inkpaw nodded. "For my safety, Pepperfur and Olivepaw told me to." Lightflights frowned. "They told me to run." Inkpaw sighed. "I've made my decision, follow me, Inkpaw." Lightflights rose to her paws and padded out, Inkpaw grabbed Ribbonkit and followed the old and scarred she-cat.