Chapter 1

"When will Inkkit open her eyes?" A voice mewed. "I don't know, Olivekit. She will take her time." A soothing voice responded. Olivekit groaned. And then, Inkkit saw the world. A gasp came from a small white kit with green eyes. "They're open! They opened, Rueheart!" The voice that had asked when Inkkit will open her eyes came from the white kit she presumed was named Olivekit. "Hi, Inkkit!" Olivekit's face was hardly a mouse-tail length away from her's. "Now now, that's enough, Olivekit." Inkkit's mother, Rueheart pushed Olivekit away with her tail.
Olivekit plopped down onto the ground with a huff. "You're just lucky your mother isn't here." Rueheart grinned as she rose a brow. Olivekit straightened himself and nodded, was that fear twinkling in his eye? Inkkit looked to her mother, did they know something she didn't? Was... was Olivekit scared of his own mother? Inkkit wobbled to her paws as she looked around, this is the nursery?
"Hey, Inkkit! Let's go explore the camp!" Olivekit caught the black she-kit's attention. Before running out with her new friend, she looked back to her mother for permission, Rueheart nodded and Inkkit was off into the real world.
The black kit squinted as sunlight hit her eyes. They had been living in a giant ravine all this time? "Isn't it so cool?" Olivekit mewed, bouncing towards her. "Yeah!" Inkkit breathed. "Let's play rocks! I'll go get one!" The white tom scrambled to what seemed like the medicine den and out of sight.
A few moments later Olivekit returned with a pebble in his jaws. "Got one! Now let's play!" And they played until the sun had retreated over the horizon. But everything had began to change when she woke up.

"Inkkit! What's on your face?" Olivekit screeched. Inkkit opened her eyes to see Olivekit in her face. "Is this gonna be an everyday thing? The sun is hardly up." Inkkit rubbed her face as she grumbled. "Now what do you want?" The white tom grabbed Inkkit by the tail and dragged her to the tiny stream in the ravine, there she saw white spots on her face. "What are those?!" She screeched, before falling back and frantically wiping her face.
"What are you kits doing?" Rueheart demanded as she stomped out of the den and towards the kits. "It's far too early to be messing around." The queen scolded.
"Mama, something is on my face!" Inkkit wailed, rising to her paws and facing her mother. All Rueheart did was gasp.