Not What You Need

Începe de la început

I shrugged. "Because I didn't want you to. I thought it would've gone away after some time like it has before."

"You've felt this way before?"

"Maybe once or twice but the pain lasted a mere second and went away so I never thought much about it."

"Mila," Mitchell groaned and ran a hand over his face. "A safeword isn't just some kinky novelty, it's there for a reason."

"Don't get mad," I muttered softly. "I know my limits and you didn't cross any of them."

"I'm mad at myself, not you," Mitchell deeply sighed. "Maybe just a little at you."

"It's not like I wanted you to stop."

"Not even today?" 

I chewed on my bottom lip. "There's no straight answer to that."

"Why are you experiencing pain?" Mitchell's brows furrowed. "You've missed two periods and you're clearly not pregnant. Could all of this be related?"

It was weird how awkward I felt talking about this with Mitchell yet mentioning the vomit incident was nothing. I shifted in my seat and felt my cheeks warm. "I don't know... possibly."

"Didn't you learn this in Obs and Gynae?"

"Yes," I replied. "But I can't assume a diagnosis without an examination."

"When is your appointment with Dr. Barlos rescheduled for?" 

"I haven't rescheduled as yet but I'll go sometime next week."

"Not some time, you'll go on Monday," Mitchell stated sternly. "And before you bring up anything to do with the IUD, discuss what's more important first." 

I didn't appreciate his tone or his dominance but it came from a good place and he was right - I needed to see Dr. Barlos at the soonest. I softly huffed and nodded. "If her schedule allows it, I'll see her on Monday."

Mitchell scooted closer, moved his arm off the backrest, and placed it around me. He kissed the side of my head and pulled me closer. "I'm sorry, if I knew you were in pain, I would've stopped."

I breathed in his scent and leaned into him. "It's not your fault."

Mitchell looked down at me and caressed my arm. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "It's a lot better than when you were... you know. I just don't know what could be the cause. Do you think there's something wrong with me?"

Mitchell shook his head and pressed his lips over my temple. "I don't think so. It's probably something small but we'll only know for sure once you see Dr. Barlos."

I huffed and my stomach knotted with the many possibilities that could've been the reason for the pain. With that, I felt a sense of relief to have discussed it with Mitchell and his support was a pleasant surprise. 

"I'm sure my mom might have an idea but only if you're comfortable talking to her about this."

I looked up at him with wide eyes. "Are you crazy? I didn't even tell Carly I had an appointment for an IUD. Do you really think I'm going to have a full discussion about how I had to fake an orgasm while her son was pounding his meat into my –"

"You faked it?" Mitchell asked in barely a whisper. 

Joder! Nice going, Mila. This is going to bruise his ego and make him feel worse.

I hesitated and quickly thought of a way to fix a situation that could've gone bad rapidly. "I know it can hurt anyone's ego but it had nothing to do with you. There was so much pain that I... I couldn't."