(55)

Florence had grown quite comfortable living with Tommy. Although he was always at work, the times they spent with each other were nice and comforting.

Florence was currently sleeping, until she was woken by someone crashing into her room.

"He's done it. Quick get dressed". Finn said.

Florence frowned as she sat up in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Done what? I'm confused, Finn". She muttered.

"He's got them out. Get dressed so we can go and see them". He said.

Florence watched as Finn rushed out of the room, the door shutting behind him. She quickly got dressed and rushed down the stairs.

It had been a few months since the family incident, and Florence couldn't wait to see them again. Especially Polly.

"How did he get them off?" She asked as she got down the stairs. "I dunno, something about documents". He answered.

She was happy for Finn, she knew he had missed them deeply, even if he didn't want to admit it.

"So...are they coming back here?" Florence asked.

"I expect they want their money back, I don't blame them". Finn answered as he sat down, his cap in his hands.

The door opened and he stood up, a small sigh escaping his lips. "It's just me brother". Ada said softly as she walked inside. Behind her walked a sullen-looking Esme and Linda.

"Are you sure they are free?" Linda asked. Florence's eyes landed on Billy, who was looking up at his mother.

"I'm sure, Thomas called me this morning to inform me". Ada said. Her leather-gloved hand gently went onto Florence's face. "Hello dear". She whispered.

They all moved into the sitting room, waiting for the arrival of the Shelbys. Florence sat beside Linda, Billy was now on her lap as she gently rocked him.

"He's grown". Florence said softly, a small smile on her face.

"He has. It's only right that his father should have been there to see him grow". Linda muttered.

Florence watched as Finn paced. His eyes were on the window. "They're here". He muttered.

Esme and Linda both stood immediately, their eyes on the door.

"I don't care, Thomas, I want my money and I'm gone".

John was the first to storm in, his eyes landing on Esme first. "John". She shouted as she rushed to him, her arms throwing around him as she let out a cry.

"Where is she?"

Arthur was next, his voice rough like usual. He walked over to Linda, pulling her into a hug as he whispered sorry in her ear over and over again. He turned to Florence, a wide smile on his face as he looked at Billy.

"Hello, little man". He whispered as he gently took Billy from Florence's arms.

Polly walked in next, her eyes all sunken. She walked straight to Ada, her arms going around her as a loud sigh came from her.

Florence watched as Michael and Tommy walked in, and it seemed that Michael was the only one willing to talk to him.

"Lizzie, go get the money please". Tommy muttered.

Finn walked over to Florence his arm wrapping around her waist as he looked around at his family. It was all different now, there was so much tension.

"This is each of your cuts, like I promised". Tommy muttered as he handed over the money. No one said anything as they snatched the money away.

"I found a nice house we can move to Arthur, with a little farm". Linda said, a smile on her face. Arthur looked down at Linda as he forced a nod.

"Come on John, say your goodbyes we're leaving". Esme said.

John turned to Arthur, his arms wrapping around his brother. "I'll see you soon". He muttered. He turned to Finn and pulled his brother into a hug. "It's good to see you kid". He whispered.

Flo smiled slightly at John as he hugged her, his large hand rubbing her back. "Look after him". He said.

After saying goodbye to Ada, Polly and Michael, John turned to Tommy. "Well.....I'll be seeing you". He muttered.

Arthur was the next to go, as Linda kept telling him to leave.

"Let's get you home". Michael whispered to Polly, his arms wrapping around her.

Florence watched as Michael led her away. The once vibrant and charismatic Polly was gone. She looked worn out. Florence couldn't imagine what she went through, but she hoped that one day the old Polly would be back.

Tommy let out a sigh as he sat down, pouring himself a drink.

"So you got the family back? But at what cost?" Ada asked.

Tommy looked up at her, his eyes holding no emotion. "One day they will come around, they just need time". He muttered.

"Time? They nearly died for you, Tommy". Ada said.

"Come on". Finn whispered as he held onto Florence's hand.

Things had changed for sure, and Florence could tell they were going to get worse.