(49)

Life was weird for Flo, from waking up fearing for her life or Daniels, to waking up in a house where she felt safe was something new for her.

Flo and Daniel had currently been living with Tommy for a month now. She saw him from time to time, but most of the time he was in London.

She found herself spending more time with Tiilie and Ed again, the two friends allowed her to go her own pace, Flo knew they were there if she wanted to open up.

The downside of them all being friends again meant Flo would see more of Finn. Because Tillie and Isiah made their relationship public, she would see more of the youngest Shelby.

Flo didn't understand Finn, he could be mean to her one day and then the next tolerable. She didn't know what she actually did to make him dislike her so much. They still hadn't talked about what what was said in the stable.

Flo wanted to find out the reason why he disliked her so much, so she headed to the Garrison. Tillie and Isiah went out for the night, and Flo knew that Finn was mostly spending time in the Garrison.

She was correct, as she walked into the private room her eyes set upon him as he sat there, a bottle in front of him. His jacket was off, his waistcoat unbuttoned. His cap was on the table, and his usual neat, curly hair was a mess. He looked up slowly at her, his eyes harsh.

"Your friend isn't here". He muttered.

Flo knew she should just apologise and walk straight out, but deep down her heart and mind was telling to her stay.

"I know". She replied. Flo smiled softly at him and pulled off her coat. She was too busy putting it over one of the chairs to notice Finn's eyes on her. He looked her up and down slowly, before looking at the bottle once again.

Flo was wearing a thin, body-hugging cream dress. She had little white shoes on too, with a little bow.

"I wanted to come and keep you company". Flo said as she finally sat down beside him.

Finn inhaled the sweet jasmine smell of her perfume, his head turning to look at her.

"Why?" He asked.

Flo looked at him and smiled softly. "We all need company now and then Finn". She answered.

Finn scoffed and grabbed the bottle, taking a large swig. Flo jumped slightly as he slammed the glass on the table. "Did Tommy put you up to this? Or are you bored without him so you thought you'd move on to his brother whilst he's gone?" Finn asked.

It was Flo's turn to scoff as she shook her head. She turned her body to fully face him, her knee pressed against his thigh. "Are you always an asshole, or do I hold a special reservation that you only be one towards me?" She snapped.

Flo shook her head at Finn. "Tommy didn't put me up to it, and I'm not bored without him. I'm trying to be a nice person Finn, is that too hard to ask. I...I don't want you sitting in here alone, drinking by yourself. You need someone. Even if we don't talk tonight, we sit here in silence, just let me know you are safe and nothing bad will happen to you. And we do need to talk, when you're ready". She replied.

Finn turned to look at her, his face searching her's. "You didn't deny that you were trying to move on to me though". He muttered, a small smirk on his face.

Flo let out a laugh as she shook her head, her fist gently hitting his thigh. "Maybe if you were nice to me I'd maybe think of letting you take me out, but like I said you're a bit of an asshole towards me". She teased.

Finn watched as she leaned forwards, a small frown on his face. His jaw twitched for a moment, trying to comprehend the words she just said to him.

Flo turned to look at him, a wide smile on her face. "Cards?" She asked, as she gently shook the pack.

Finn's eyes drifted towards the cards for a moment, his head nodding.

Flo smiled and handed him the pack. "I'll let you deal them, I'm just heading to the ladies. And don't go looking at my cards okay mister?" She teased, before ducking out of the room.

Finn flicked the pack opened and shuffled the cards, his head resting on the back of the sofa bench. He sealed the cards and looked up when Isiah and Tillie walked in.

"Oh, you have company?" Isiah asked, a smirk on his face as he looked down at Flo's coat.

"Yes, so this room isn't free tonight". He muttered.

"What's she like?" Isiah asked, his smirk changing to a smile.

Finn rolled his head and took a sip from his drink. "Bloody gorgeous now fuck off". He answered.

Isiah smirked and sent him a quick wink before guiding Tillie out. The door was shut and Finn was once alone again. He looked down at the cards in front of him, a small smile spreading on his face.

His eyes drifted up to the door as Flo stepped inside, her face slightly flushed. "Sorry I was long, this weird man tried talking to me". She laughed as she sat beside him.

"You okay? I can go out there and talk to him?" He asked as he went to stand.

Flo turned to look at him, her hazel eyes were soft. "No". She whispered, her head shaking. "No it's okay really. Did you look at my cards?" She asked, a small smile on her face.

Finn smirked and picked up his own cards. "I did, gave you all the bad cards". He answered.

Flo let out a laugh as she picked up her own cards, turning her body to face Finn. They were playing blackjack, or twenty-one as some called it. Flo wasn't the best when it came to cards, but she still tried her best.

They were only playing for a few minutes until Finn announced that he won.

"What? No way. You cheated". Flo said as she reached over for his cards. She let out a little laugh as Finn pushed her away slightly, his head shaking. He grabbed her own cards and let out a small laugh. "Wow I really did give you some shit cards didn't I?" He asked.

"Stop swearing in front of a lady Finn". Flo said as she moved closer to him, a smile on her face.

Finn smirked and grabbed his bottle. "Lady...right". He muttered, taking a swig. He let out a laugh as Flo hit his shoulder, a wide smile on her face.

"That's correct. You cheated". She said.

Finn shook his head and turned to look at her. "I'm afraid not love. You lost, fair and square. Just face it, you're a sore loser". He muttered, as he leaned in closer to her.

Flo smiled and rolled her eyes. "You keep telling yourself that Finn". She whispered.

They looked into each other's eyes for a moment, neither of them moving. Finn's eyes flickered down to Flo's lips, before looking into her eyes again. Flo moved her hand so it was placed on top of Finn's. The heat from his hand heated up her body immediately, causing her cheeks to grow red.

Flo leaned forwards first, her lips touching Finn's. This was it, this was Flo's first kiss and it was with Finn Shelby of all people.

Finn raised one of his hands, and placed it on her cheek, slowly kissing her back. All these feelings and emotions flooded Flo, feelings and emotions she didn't know she had.

They pulled apart, their eyes on each other once again. Flo frowned when Finn stood up abruptly, he reached for his jacket and hat and stormed out of the room. The door slammed shut behind him.

Flo fell into the seat, the frown never leaving her face. As Finn stormed home he left a very confused and hurt Flo behind in the Garrison.