(42)

The day was cold and miserable, something everyone in Small Heath was used to. Florence pulled her black leather gloves on, a gift from Polly. A navy blue dress was fitted tightly on her body, a black coat hanging loose.

The door opened, which caused Florence to look up. Finn walked in, his hands clasped together as he looked her up and down.

"You ready?" Finn asked, his eyes meeting her own through the mirror. She smiled slightly as she nodded her head.

Florence turned around and let out a little laugh as Daniel wrapped his arms around her waist. "Guess what?" He asked.

"What?" Florence replied, a warm smile on her face. Daniel looked up at her, his smile getting wider. "Arthur said I can have my very own horse". He said.

Florence raised an eyebrow, a small laugh escaping her lips. "Oh did he now?" She asked. The last three months were weird for Flo. Since her talk with Arthur, the two of them had become close. Arthur had taken Daniel under his wing. The two became fast friends.

Florence and Daniel shared the car with Finn, as they were making their way to the opening of the Grace Shelby Institute. Florence didn't know Grace that well, but from what the Shelby's had told her she sounded nice.

Finn turned his head to look at Florence, his eyes were soft. "What?" She asked.

He gave her a small smile as he shook his head. "Nothing". He answered.

Florence let out a small laugh as she nodded her head. "Sure...keep your eyes on the road mister". She replied.

Finn smiled and did as she asked, his hands gripping the steering wheel. He was confused and he didn't like it. The feelings he had around Florence were like no other and he couldn't explain them.

Finn parked his car and stepped out, his hand slapping Arthur's back. Florence smiled as Daniel rushed to Arthur, wrapping his arms around him.

"Hello boy". He muttered as he ruffled his hair. Arthur smiled at Florence, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Ello love". He whispered.

"Hello Arthur, I heard you're getting my brother a horse". She said, her soft eyes twinkling.

Arthur let out a small laugh as he raked his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, if that's okay with you". He muttered.

Florence smiled up at him, her head shaking. "Of course it's fine Arthur, and the moment I get money I'll be sure to pay you back". Arthur shook his head immediately. "No...no please, I don't want your money...it's a gift". He pleaded.

Florence gave him a small smile, as she pressed her lips against his cheek. "Thank you, Arthur....for everything". She whispered.

Although Florence assisted that herself and Daniel would stand on the side, Polly, Arthur and John all insisted that they got into the photo.

Finn wrapped his arm around Florence's waist, his hand giving her side a small squeeze. Florence felt hot all of a sudden, being this close to Finn, with his hand now on her hip. She smiled for the camera, her heart beating ecstatically.

After their photo's had been taken, they walked inside, finding their seats. Florence was sat beside Finn and Isiah. On her right side sat Daniel, Tillie and Eddie.

"We need to go for a drink soon, I have so much to tell you". Tillie whispered, a warm smile on her face. Florence smiled at her friend, her head nodding.

"Welcome to the opening of the Grace Shelby Institute for non-insured children of the poor. I would very much like you to join me in thanking the man that made the founding of this establishment actually possible. Ladies and Gentlemen Mr Thomas Shelby". Polly said softly down the mic.