(47)

Flo woke up the next morning, a small sigh escaping her lips as she sat up. She ran a hand through her hair as she looked around at her setting. It was much different than her room at her own house and it was a tiny bit bigger than the house at Polly's house.

After their talk by the canal, Flo decided to stay at Tommy's house. With Polly in prison, Florence and Daniel had nowhere to stay, and Tommy's offer was something she couldn't refuse.

When she ventured downstairs, Francis informed Florence that Tommy was out, and was most likely going to be late. She didn't want to be in the house all day, so she decided to do something that was either extremely brave or something highly stupid.

Florence left Tommy's house, deciding to walk on the beautiful sunny day. She knew that one day she would have to do this, and she needed that closure.

As Florence walked down Garrison lane, her eyes landed on the old flower shop, which was now converted into the Shelby's new betting shop. A small sigh escaped her lips as her eyes wandered up at the building. The memories that Florence had were never going to leave her memory.

A small frown etched on her face as some stumbled out of the shop. Her eyes landed on an extremely drunk Finn.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she rushed towards him, her hands grabbing his arms to keep him up straight.

Finn looked up at her, his eyes harsh. "I'm fine". He snapped, as he pushed her away slightly. Florence looked at him with an unreadable expression. "Do you want me to walk you home?" She asked.

"Where did you go last night?" He asked suddenly, ignoring her previous question.

"I....I went to the canal". She answered.

"Was there anyone else there with you?" He asked.

Florence hesitated for a moment, not knowing whether she should tell Finn that Tommy sat with her. "No....no it was just me". She answered. Florence decided to not say anything to Finn, in fear he would
be angry.

Finn let out a dry laugh as he nodded his head. "Right". He muttered. He ran a hand over his mouth, his head nodding. Finn gave Florence a look, before walking away.

"Finn". Florence shouted, her body turning to look at him as he stormed away. She didn't know what happened, but she feared for him.

"Boswell". Someone shouted, causing her to turn her head. A small smile spread across Florence's face. "Hello Gold". She muttered, her arms slipping around Bonnie's waist.

"What you up to?" He asked.

Florence shook her head, her eyes shut for a moment. "Nothing". She answered. Going to the house to get some of her and Daniels belongings could wait for another day.

She spent most of the day with Bonnie, a smile on her face as she listened to him talk about boxing. The Gold family had moved to a different location, which Bonnie had of course told her where it was.

After promising to go visit them soon, Bonnie left Florence outside of the Garrison.

Flo leaned against the wall, her eyes shutting as she took some deep breaths. Bonnie had of course asked about her father, but she couldn't tell him the truth. Not yet anyway.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice that she dreaded to hear. "Well, well well, if it isn't my little Florence". Her eyes shot open as she at a dishevelled Lee. His arms were crossed as he glared at the young girl.

Florence went to walk away, but let out a loud gasp as her body hit the wall. Lee's hands were placed firmly on Florence's forearms, his nails digging in harshly.

"Where is he hmmm? Where's your father?" He asked.

"I.....I don't know". Florence cried.

"LIAR".

Florence shut her eyes as she let out another cry, her back once again hitting the wall hard. Lee's rough hand grabbed her face hard, forcing her to open her eyes in shock.

"I know you've done something, so tell me". He spat.

"I....I don't know". She cried out again.

Florence let out a cry as Lee was dragged away from her, his body hitting the ground hard.

"Gypsy girl are you okay?" Paul asked softly, as he held onto her.

Florence shook her head, her eyes landing on Lee. Standing over him, was a tall young man, his shoulders moving rapidly as his breathing became heavier. A white shirt and grey tweed waistcoat fitted the body well, a cap was clutched in their hand, getting ready to swipe at any moment.

Short, curly auburn hair was extremely messy. This young man was Finn.

"Finn come on man". Isiah whispered as he placed his hand on his friend's shoulder.

Finn shrugged his hand away, his attention was only on Lee. "Touch her again. Look at her again. Even speak to her again, I will fucking cut your face so bad that they won't be able to recognise you". He seethed.

Lee nodded as he rushed away, leaving Florence with Isiah, Paul and an extremely angry Finn. He finally turned around, his eyes finding Florence.

He marched up to her, standing extremely close to her. His tall stature leaned over her, his eyes roaming her face.

"Finn". Florence whispered as she went to touch him.

He backed away, his head shaking as he pulled the doors of the Garrison open, leaving an extremely confused Florence behind.

"Want me to drive you home?" Paul asked.

Florence shook her head. "No thank you". She whispered as she started to walk. Even though the walk was long, she needed to think about the events that just happened.