Chapter two | The baby's new name.

Start from the beginning

Normani often didn't like sharing her toys with anyone. She especially didn't share them when it came to her stuffed animals.

"es mama! fo' baby!" Normani says excitedly.

"Awww mani, you don't have to do that" Lauren says

"No, no! Fo' baby!" Normani says shaking her head

"Alright little bossy pants! for the baby, we know" Dinah says giving the toy kitten over to Lauren.

"Thanks baby, you're so sweet" Lauren tells her before giving her a sweet lingering kiss on her cheek.
"I'm sure the baby will love it"

(The kitten is smaller than it looks like ppl

(The kitten is smaller than it looks like ppl.)

Normani then heads over to press a soft kiss into Lauren's belly. Making Lauren's heart melt of pure innocence.

"Awww" Lauren and Dinah both say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren was upstairs finishing decorating her soon to be daughters nursery. She didn't want to add to many things to it because she felt like it would stress her baby out just by the amount of things the room would have.

So Lauren decided to keep it simple. Just a crib, a few toys, a chair where she could nurse her baby, and a closet where she would keep her baby's clothes, diapers and other stuff.

Lauren felt nothing but joy. She couldn't wait for her baby to come out of her. She wanted nothing more than to hold her and give her sweet goodnight kisses before bed.

She was going to make sure her baby girl had the best mama in the world. She was going make sure to do anything for her baby to be happy and loved.

"Lauren?"

"I'm in the nursery mom!"

Lauren's mom had come to visit for the third time this week. She wanted to make sure Lauren was taking care of herself and the baby.

Clara worried too much sometimes.

"There you are" Clara says coming closer to where Lauren was sitting. "What are you doing?"

"Just finishing up with the nursery. How does it look?" Lauren asks her mom

"It looks perfect sweetheart" Clara says giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead.

"I can't wait for her to come out" Lauren said rubbing her stomach. "I'm so done with being pregnant"

"Just a few more weeks dear" Clara says with a chuckle. "Do you have a name for her yet?"

"No, it's too hard to find the perfect name for her. I tried looking for names with Dinah but none of them seemed like they worked for me."

"Well, it doesn't have to be a fancy name, something simple will do just fine." Clara assures her daughter.

"Yeah. I'll see what I can come up with."

Later that day, Lauren and Clara decided to have a mom and daughter night. They made homemade pizzas for dinner and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

"Mom?"

"Yes Lauren?"

"I was thinking about naming the baby after my aunt Karla." Lauren tells her mom while rolling the cookie dough in a round ball.

"That's a good idea, I'm sure your aunt would be proud" Clara tells her

"Yeah, me too" she says, pre-heating the oven to 370•

"That means you only need a middle name for her"

"You're right. Do you have anything in mind?"

"How about Michelle?"

"I don't want to name my child after me. It's kinda weird " Lauren says

"I don't think it's weird. I think it's cute when your firstborn is named after you."

"Yeah well, that's you, mom. I rather not name her after me." She tells her mother.

"Whatever you say Lauren" Clara says with a laugh.

After dinner, the two ladies decided to watch something on the TV. Lauren's favorite thing to watch on the TV was basically cooking shows because she wanted to learn more about cooking and baking. She really enjoyed doing it.

She had learned to cook most recipes because of one show that came up on the weekends.

The Camila's Baking show.

"That used to be your favorite baking show Lauren"

"It still is my favorite baking show, mom"

After a few moments of silence Clara speaks up.

"Hey lauren?"

"Yes?

"How does the name Camila sound?"

"For the baby?" Lauren asks not moving her attention from the TV screen.

"No lauren for the bird that lives outside" Clara says sarcastically " yes for the baby!"

"I- I like it mom, I thinks that a good name for her" Lauren says now realizing how perfect that name sounded for her baby girl.

"Camila" Lauren repeats. "I like it"

"So Camila ?" Clara asks her daughter.

"Camila. Karla Camila Jauregui is her name from  now on."

"Finally!" Clara says before releasing a sigh of relief and pulling her daughter for a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thats great Lo! I think it's a perfect name for her"

"You really think so?"

"Of course I do Lauren! It's beautiful"

"Thanks Dinah, I really like it too."

"Does the baby like it?"

"She has a name now Dinah, or did you forget?"

"Oh right, does Karla Camila like it?

"How am I supposed to know? She doesn't talk yet."

"Oh right" Dinah mumbles.

"I think she will DJ".

"Yeah me too! Hey um, can I tell Ally? She has been dying to know what you were gonna name her ever since the day you told her you were pregnant"

"Sure DJ. And tell her I said 'hi' for me"

"Will do! Bye take care!"

"Bye Dinah, you too!"

Lauren finally hangs up her phone. She places it to the side before bringing her hand to caress her stomach.

"I can't wait to meet you Karla Camila Jauregui" she tells her baby girl. "I love you"

She feels a light kick hit her abdomen, her baby was telling her she loved her and she couldn't wait to meet her too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yayy chapter two! 😁

What do you think about this book so far? Do you have any questions? 🧐 Do you like this book? Please let me knoww 🥹🌷🌷🌷

🚨👀...

Please vote 🗳