Chapter Sixteen | Cookies.

Lauren POV.

It was time to go home for the day which I'm so happy about after a long day of work.

"Are you ready to go, my love?" I asked my five year old who was quietly drawin on the ground

"Time to go home now?" She asked looking up.

"Yeah it's time to go home now, love" I take out my hand to reach out for her. "Okay mama" she then starts packing all of her thing neatly making me smile. "Good job baby"

I get my own things before heading out with Camila in my hold, locking the door behind me.

"Have a good rest of your day Lauren and Camila." Principal Harris said waving us goodbye. "You too Mrs. Harris." I give her a warm smile.

I push open the big heavy wooden doors open, heading over to my car before unlocking it. I open the back car door and help Camila into her car seat.

Once I'm done I go around the car and into my car door to open it and get inside. I buckle myself up before turning on the engine and pulling away.

"Hey baby, what do you say we go make some cookies once we get home?" I ask my half asleep daughter. "Yes please" she beamed. "Okay princessa" I chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day...

"Okay we need two eggs. Do you think you can go and grab me some boo?" I say making Camila nod eagerly.

Once she gets the egg from the wooden bowl I crack one and then she cracks the other. "Good job baby"

I then add one cup of milk and water combined.

"Can I stir too mama?" Camila asked me. "Of course." I hand her the wooden spoon to her before she stirs the cookie dough. "You need some help bubba?" I asked once I see her her coming to a stop.

"Yes please." She said letting go of the spoon. "Okay love why don't you go wash your hands before we roll the cookie dough" she jumps down from the counter with a little bit of my help before going over to was her hands.

"I'm done" she announced "okay help me roll the dough up now" I scoop up a ball of cookie dough and place it on her palm before she rolls it up.

We made about twenty cookies.

"Let's leave it bake for about 15-20 minutes okay?"

"Okay. Can we watch a movie please" she asked with her hands clasped together "of course my angel" I lean over to give her a kiss on the nose an pull her in for a hug " mama loves you so much" I tell her "I love you too mama" she said sweetly. "Thank you baby now let's go put on a movie okay?" She nods

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We chose to watch Zootopiansince we haven't seen it yet and it was a pretty good movie in my opinion.

I hear to clot ding meaning the cookies were done. I get up from the couch and over to the oven to take out the cookies and place them down on the counter the cool them down a bit.

Five minutes passed a way so I decide to place three cookies down an a small plate and two glasses of milk.  "Camila cookies are here" I say to my sleepy five year old. "Thank you mama" she takes the cookie in her hand before taking a bite "Your welcome bebe" I said taking a bite of my win cookie

When I'm done eating my cookie I curl up close to Camila with my blanket and kiss her head softly. When she feels that physical contact, she then moves closer to my side and rests her head down on my chest making me grin. "I love you, boo" I whisper

"I love you mama" she whispered back.

We then just lay there enjoying the rest of the movie before both of us fall into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner time...

For dinner I had made some baked chicken and rice along with boiled carrots.

Camila was still having a hard time eating because she was still a bit slick but she managed to eat some of her food. "Tomorrow you have to go back to kindergarten baby" I said making her frown. "I don't like it there. The kids are mean to me" she tells me sadly. "I know baby but I promise it will soon be over. It just takes some time"

"Why don't they like me mama? I didn't do anything wrong" she said beginning to cry. "Oh baby no. It's okay please don't cry." I said lifting her up into my lap "Your right, you didn't do anything wrong to them and I'm sorry the don't treat you nicely but that's just how kids are sometimes, love" I say soothing her long brown hair.

"It's not fair taht i don't have any friends mama" she said letting out a sob. "Shh, it's okay. No more tears, I've got you" I rock her back and forth while saying seeet comforting things "You still have me and Dinah and Mani and Ally and even your grandparents who love you very much" I tell her

She continued to cry on my should making my hear shatter into pieces. I just want my baby to be happy.

"I love you baby" I murmured into her ear softly "And your not only loved by me by by other people too, okay?" She slightly nods her head before I give sweet pecks on her cheek. "I love you too mama"

I then remembered that singing to her would help her calm down so I start to hum to her a song that I loved as a child.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through

No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through

No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️

Please comment and vote 🗳