Chapter ten | Weekend.

Lauren's POV. * days later *

Today is Saturday and it was currently 12:30 in the afternoon.

I was in the kitchen setting the table up so Camila and I could have some lunch together. I was thinking about inviting Dinah and Normani over for dinner later tonight since it's been awhile since I've seen both of them.

"Camila! Dinner is ready now!" I say aloud to my daughter who was upstairs in her room drawing.

After a few seconds, I hear little footsteps come in the kitchen room. "Hi mama" Camila greets me with a tiny smile.

"Hello, my love. Are you ready to eat? I wondered placing a few napkins down on the table.

"Yes please" she said taking a seat on one of the chairs that were on the left side of the table.

"Okay love, here you go" I say placing a small plate of food on the table for her. "Do you want apple juice or grape juice?" I ask

"Apple please" she simply tells me. I then go over to the fridge and take out the grape juice, pouring it into her pink Minnie Mouse sippy cup.

"Here you go, bebe" I hand the cup over to her before she takes it willingly

"Here you go, bebe" I hand the cup over to her before she takes it willingly. "Thank you, mama"

"No problem, angel" I take a seat beside her and help her cut the chicken into smaller pieces that way it will be easier for her to eat.

After lunch, I had Camila pick up her plate and cup so I could wash it for her. She had offered to help clean the table and the kitchen counters for me while I did the dishes. "Thank you for helping me clean up baby" I give her a grateful smile which she returned.

"You're welcome mama" she says in a small gentle voice. "Can I go finish drawing my picture now?"

"Yes baby, you can" I tell her drying my hands up with the kitchen towel " I'll be in my office if you need me okay?" She nods in agreement before running off to go back to her drawing.

As for me, I had some work to catch up on and make a few calls over to some of my student's parents. Once I'm in my office, I leave the door slightly open just so I could keep an ear out for Camila who was upstairs by herself. I then walk over to take a seat on my black office chair before opening my laptop to check for some Emails.

I scroll down a few times before I see an email that was sent to me since yesterday from Regina, Olivia's mom. I click on it before reading it.

Hi Ms. Jauregui,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I have to work from eight to nine on Monday through Tuesday and I don't have anyone who can help me watch Olivia while I'm gone. So do you think you could watch her for me? Please let me know and thank you

-Regina.

I took a moment to read the email before finally making my mind into replying back to her. I was more than happy to take care of Olivia for a few days
and I'm sure Camila would be okay with having someone to play with rather then being all by herself, right?