Chapter 29

"...A child? Why? No, more importantly, who?"

I felt like this wasn't even the novel anymore. Way too much had changed way too quickly. Unless Hade meant Asmodeus I didn't understand why the queen would attack. None of the original events in the story were playing out how they were supposed to. It was starting to get unnerving, as if some force was making the plot change drastically, and that force wasn't me.

"Not sure," Hade shrugged, "I just remember overhearing the queen mentioning a child."

I immediately turned my head after hearing him say that, "You overheard her say that? Why didn't you tell me?"

Hade's eyebrows furrowed, "I was going to tell you...in your room when I came to you. Remember the poison? Yeah, it was acting up when I entered the room."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Calm down calm down calm the fuck down.

"Your poison, your poison? Excuse me what?"

Hade shook his head, "Nothing. That fucking wizard peace of shit little son of a bitch who poisoned me deserves to go to hell."

Right, originally Hade gets poisoned by some horny wizard who wanted Hade to suffer because apparently he was bored. It was dumb.

The author only put it there for the romance to start and get spicy in the process.

It was an honest pain in the neck for not only Hade but to those surrounding him.

I wanted to murder that fucker right here, right now, but what could I do? I was in the middle of a kingdom that was being attacked. The thing was, if I left, there would be no one strong enough commanding the troops...probably.

Wait...

The guard I had personally trained —the one whole misunderstood the situation Hade and I had been in only a few hours ago — where was she at such a crucial point in time?

She might've went back to her house right after hearing the first explosion. I was pretty sure she had a little brother.

And here I thought I had succeeded in manipulating her. What a miserable failure.

I sighed and looked at Hade, "Your damned poison will be the end of me."

"You mean my damned poison will be the end of me," Hade retorted.

I shook my head; he was right. If we didn't do anything about that then he would die. Knowing him he probably didn't even have another plan other than screwing around with me—

...Wait! A plan!

How was it possible that Hade, the main character of this story with the backing of a system didn't have a plan?

I thought back to when Asher and Hade first came to the demon kingdom.

We had ended up making Asher and Hade possibly temporary servants and sent the girl who came with them back!

Before going back it had looked like Asher had told something to the girl.

DAMMIT! Why is my memory so fucked up?!

I looked up at the sky with frustration. Was it possible that the duo had been secretly helping the demon kingdom?

No...it couldn't be. Most likely, since their goal was to specifically 'control' Asmodeus and me, they probably told the girl specific instructions.

It was even possible they created this situation.

I sneaked a glance at Hade to see what his facial expressions were at the moment.

I really didn't want to believe that this man, a sexy, brutal murderer—I mean uh umm...person with a cheat system could have created this mess.

However, Hade looked awfully calm for someone who had just gone through a life-threatening situation. As if he had expected something like this to happen.

If Hade was acting he deserved an Oscar. I really hoped he was acting. Then again, what did it matter?

I didn't feel like we...or I had enough time to just be standing around doing nothing.

I was sure the military was strong enough to at the least hold off the enemy as it's most powerful people weren't around.

Yes I'm calling myself powerful. And Asmodeus and Malus. Hade and Asher were potential enemies, so I didn't want to count them.

Back to the task at hand, I returned my focus to the current situation.

According to Hade, even though he was a potentially dangerous person, the main objective of the elf kingdom was to capture a kid.

Since this was a strange reason, it was probably true. Usually the strangest things end up being the truth believe it or not.

It was also the only clue as to why the kingdom would attack another kingdom even though it was currently doing nothing offensive.

I started walking the other direction, away from this so called 'war'.

"Where are you going?" Hade asked from behind me, jogging to catch up. It seemed like he was so busy watching the stars he forgot about his surroundings. His name should've been Astro, not Hade.

"To find the kid," I told Hade.

"Why? How?"

I have a sly smile, "Why don't we find out?"

First thing I was going to do was get my loyal servant...soldier back.

She was currently the only thing I could trust.

As for her brother...perhaps...