Chapter 16: Shock

Ello I got inspiration and decided to rise from the grave :D
______________________
Hade entered my room. He looked a bit nervous and was acting really fidgety. He looked like he wanted to say something.

I was about to ask what was wrong, but Hade decided to start the conversation first.

"Is it just me, or has queen Lemora been acting strange?" Hade asked.

This caught me by surprise. In the original novel, Hade was, although a badass, pretty easy to manipulate. He wasn't exactly the brightest.

One thing unique about the novel was that the main character was a dumbass.

The only reason he managed to rise up to fame was because the people surrounding him were famous. The kings daughter took interest in him as well as other people with tons of power.

I didn't expect that a dumbass like that would be able to figure everything out so quickly without any outside help.

"Umm, Adonis?" Hade asked.
I was immediately snapped out of my thoughts.

I silently scolded myself, This isn't the right time to be thinking of things like this, you dumbass.

I smiled and looked up at Hade, "What makes you say that?" I asked, sounding sincerely concerned.

I deemed it as important to put up an act for now since I didn't know how much Hade knew about things.

"Well," Hade started, " You may not believe this but I heard from one of the guards patrolling that there was a spy from the elves kingdom."

I nodded my head, looks like there's new info.

"And although I would say it's just a rumor," Hade continued, " I myself would say the the king has been acting suspicious."

This fact surprised me. The king was known as a benevolent person throughout the novel, helping the hero as he moved along with his journey to end the demon king. This should not have happened because the hero is currently living in the palace. If anything were to happen to the demon king or any one of the servants here, Hade and possibly Asher would most likely take the blame for it.

The queen, on the other hand, was also know as a benevolent person—being the kings queen and all—but it was later revealed in the novel that she was helping another organization end both the demon king and the heroes. The story never explained why though.

She was what most would say, a cruel and independent woman. I loved this character a lot because of her twisted way of thinking.

Whenever I simped over her, my friend would call me insane. I often took that as a compliment because that meant I was a probably secretly a genius or something.

Anyways, what I expected was that the queen would act suspicious, not the king. It was an oversight in my part. I didn't expect this to happen at all.

Was it because I came into this world?

Hade flinched, he was staring right above my head.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing," Hade stuttered out.

I raised an eyebrow, "You expect me to think that while you stutter?" I questioned.

"It's really nothing," Hade said, this time firmly.

I decided to continue my interrogation, it was sort of fun seeing Hade have so much trouble speaking with me.

"What, is there something on my head?"

Hade shook his head quickly, "No, nothing!!"

"Are you absolutely sure about that?" I asked again, "If there really is something there I will be embarrassment to the kingdom and I'll blame you," I continued to tease.

At this, Hade's face flushed a bright red.

"Fine, I'll tell you!! But promise me you'll believe what I'm about to tell you."

I was taken aback, but I was curious.

"Okay," I answered.

"I'm using my free pass on you. This will definitely not work since you're an NPC, so you'll either die or go mentally insane. If that happens, don't blame me. Since you technically forced me to do this," Hade warned.

This resulted me in getting more intrigued. Technically I was already insane so it didn't matter. Also what was all this 'NPC' talk? No one from this world should know what that is.

I nodded my head again, and opened my mouth to ask how he learned a term like that.

Before I even had to chance to begin asking my question, Hade sighed, closed his eyes, then said, "I would like to use my free pass today. Let this person see what I see."

The room went dark, and before I could react, a screen appeared before me.

[#0091. Not NPC of this world. System error. System reloading in 3...2...1]

I stared in shock at the screen in front of me. Hade shared the same expression.

"How...." Hade started.

"..." I continued watching the screen. It looked kind of like a futuristic screen. Currently it was glitching and it was red. The top of the screen said "Error."

"Did you...transmigrate?" I looked up at Hade.

Hade's face paled, "N-no, I reincarnated."

Like me...