Epilogue

- October 3rd, 2021 📍London, England -

"Baby!" Daniel called up from the foyer.

If he asks me one more time if I'm ready to go yet, I'll burst. Its not even like I've been taking a long time.

I had spent this entire Sunday running all the errands I needed. Julia and I met for breakfast before we hopped in her car. She dropped me off at a clients house where I picked up our lime green Lamborghini that he had been test driving. Then I stopped at the florist where I picked up a bouquet of fresh white lilies for Daniel and I to take with us tonight.

"Alexa!"

Daniels slow footsteps pattered up the stairs. He seemed to purposefully emphasize each and every stomp against my restored hardwood, as if it would make me move any faster.

I grunted in the mirror, finished up my lip liner and threw on a layer of gloss. He silently leaned on the doorframe of my bathroom, obviously watching me in the reflection as I ignored him. I grabbed my purse from the far side of the counter and made sure I had all of my necessary items in the small Chanel clutch.

"You know I hate when you watch me," I broke my silence. "It makes me feel rushed."

"I am rushing you, actually," Daniel returned, looking up at me after setting a gentle kiss on the back of my shoulder. I refused to make eye contact. There was no way we were late. I glanced down at my watch; it was only 6:17.

Michael and Olivias engagement dinner started at 7. We had plenty of time.

"You absolutely look ready to me, Lex. Can we please go?"

To his point, I was ready. I had straightened my hair and tucked the face-framing layers behind my ears with loads of hairspray. Olivia ordered all the bridesmaids to wear green tonight; and so I paired a brown leather jacket with matching heeled boots, with an earthy-toned turtleneck body-con dress underneath.

The corners of my mouth lifted into a smile that was impossible to hide, as Daniel clicked his tongue with a sigh. "You're too much," he whispered in my ear.

I mumbled a sound in response as I watched him watch himself in the reflection. I braced my hands against the counter and let him work his hands around my hips, gliding them across the soft cotton up my torso, tracing my waist, then pausing as he cupped underneath both of my breasts.

All the while, my eyes never left his. And his eyes never left my body, eating it up with every ounce devoured by his touch.

"How am I too much?" I began to sway my hips side to side against him. Slow, short movements. Daniel shut his eyes and used his chin to flick my hair off my shoulder and out of his way. I felt his tongue pressing between his lips, his teeth as they took minuscule nibbles at my neck.

"Lex," he sighed. A sound I'm not sure he meant to let out.

"Daniel," I turned, stopping just an inch short of his face. Our lips held back, neither of us wanting to be the first to give in. It was always a wild competition, lately. Who could tempt the other more, drive them to the brink of insanity?