52 - Blossomed

"Yeah, and it's a stupid phrase. My heart as as fond as it gets already. I can't imagine it getting fonder. There is no more room for more fondi-ness."

"Not a word," I rolled my eyes, muttering under my breath.

--

I struggled with finding an acceptable spot to settle my eyes in the crowded waiting room of the doctor's office. The bland bright walls and hum of the News on the television shoved in one of the corners were enough to make anyone want to turn on their heel the moment they entered.

The top two contenders were currently the woman directly in front of me, nose deep in a self-help book of sorts who seemed to chuckle to herself any time she read anything I imagined she related to, and a taller young man dressed in an important-looking suit, with obscenely shiny shoes, who was speaking much too loudly about his business matters on his Bluetooth headphones.

None of this would do, I thought to myself, finally deciding on my phone as a last resort. To my dismay, I had answered to all of my emails. Due to the early nature of the morning, no one had the time to respond to anything I had sent out since I last opened my Mail app. Was that really only 5 minutes ago?

My finger dragged downward from the top of the screen once more than it needed to, out of sheer impulse, to see if the thickened brick hospital walls were just blocking the signal. Surely emails took longer to load in hospitals. It must have to do with the x-rays, or something.

Or, maybe I was sick of waiting. A feeling fueled even more by the people around me, clearly also sick of waiting.

As much as I hated spending my early mornings here, once a week for the past 5 weeks- I had to admit, finally getting my bandaging removed felt, quite literally, like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

And, weirdly enough, it gave me a sense of closure from the whole ordeal with Mason. What happened in Monaco all the way back in March, though that was only a month and a half ago, it really felt like a whole lifetime had passed. With everything that has happened since then - everything in my professional life, and everything with Daniel - I couldn't even remember the last time I had a moment to think about Mason. A vast improvement, I smirked to myself as I realized, from the initial sulking over our failed relationship. I was even past any feelings of anger or resentment I held towards him for ruining what we had.

I couldn't blame him for that alone, anyway. Removing myself from the situation had helped me see, with renewed eyes, another part of the equation. A clear reason why things with him couldn't have ever worked.

Oh, which reminded me.

your trainers are in my foyer
don't forget

Daniel Ricciardo
explains why blake couldnt find them earlier
admit it, you kept them on purpose so you could see me before i left

My brows formed a frown while my lips turned up, the sound I released earning an interesting look from the aforementioned loudly-speaking businessman. I ignored him, biting my lip as I let my fingers fire away a response.

get real
i can drop them off after my dr. appt.
you're flying out of farnborough?

Daniel Ricciardo
alright, maybe i left them there on purpose so i could see you before i left
yes, but we'll still be at mine by the time you're done